Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:06:18 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Output Config. gets lost with shutdown  (Read 863 times)

Mach4 Output Config. gets lost with shutdown
« on: February 25, 2019, 03:53:09 PM »
Hi all, first post. I have lots of questions and my first is: When I close Mach4, I loose my Device and Output Name and therefore control of my outputs. The Mapping Enable is still checked and the Description is still there. If I am opening and closing Mach4 during the day, there is no problem. It's only when it's shut down for a day or 2.  I'm using the Galil Plug-in and a DMC-41730 Motion Controller with a RIO-47300 I/O Controller. Any clues?
Thanks,
-Eric
Re: Mach4 Output Config. gets lost with shutdown
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 04:14:10 PM »
Hi,
when you close Mach all the current settings should be flushed to the .ini file. I can't imagine any reason that the
.ini file would be updated in such a way that it would work over today for instance and yet somehow loose information
over several days.

When I close Mach4, I loose my Device and Output Name and therefore control of my outputs

Would you explain a little more please?

I'm guessing that you mean the Galil controller name?

When you select the motion control device, did you shut down immediately? Remembering that shutdown will flush that change
to the .ini file and should thereafter be permanent.

I'm using the Galil Plug-in and a DMC-41730 Motion Controller with a RIO-47300 I/O Controller. Any clues?

I am not familiar with either. Does the IO Controller hook to the Galil or to Mach? If it hooks to the Galil would not the details
of the IO device be in the Galil plugin?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 02:19:42 AM »
You don't have a failing cmos battery in your PC allowing the system time to get off do you?
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 04:19:01 AM »
hello
i just stand to write new topic with almost same problem
when i turn on my mach (all was close as need) i cant make homing
 z and a(magazine) make home well ,but x y go to home switch but not make the cycle ,and axis's stack on over limit
and i can try 5 times same
but if i restore backup from day ago its make it without any problem
maybi there any bug with save the ini file?
thanks alot

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »
Thanks for your reply's. I figured it out. I have to have the motion controller and I/O controller connected and turned on.
Sometimes I launch Mach4 without turning on the machine (a Biesse 336 Router that I'm updating). If the machine is not on, and I close Mach4, I loose those settings (they don't get written to the ini file).
To answer some of your questions: The Motion Controller and I/O Controller are Ethernet based and are connected to the PC via a switch, as they have different addresses.
The Output configuration has a drop down list for Device and you select the controller, keyboard etc.  The Output name has a drop down list that matches the outputs of the controller.
Anyway, got to run. Thanks again, -Eric