Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:19:28 AM

Author Topic: touch probeing  (Read 2104 times)

Re: touch probeing
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 04:30:39 PM »
Hi Chad
I looked at that setter but it is 75 mm high that's 3 inches and on my router this would be to high though I did wonder about that post on the side and what it was for so now I know
  I am going to pull the XHC wireless one apart and see what I can see who knows it may be some thing simple
regards Ray
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 10:39:08 PM »
I take back half of what I was thinking about XHC  I figured I had nothing to loose so pulled the sender probe part to bits they only have 2 battery's so work on 3 volts so any resistance is a problem there is a tiny little spike about 1 mm diameter that is spring loaded and hits a stainless steel plate to make the circuit the plate looked like it still had the coating of oil on it that is on the sheets before they are stamped i cleaned and sanded the plate with 600 grit and used brake clean to dry it  at 5 inched per minute feed the worst I can get is .0002" and most times within .0001" so its working and it is great to have a wireless tool setter  and it is working great ( for now)  so problem fixed  thank to any and all who replied
Regards Ray
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:44:37 PM by Raymondo »
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 08:53:28 AM »
So my probe and all works fine in Mach3, now thinking of going to Mach4 with the same Warp9 ESS setup.  Am I going to have issues?  Trying to do some research here and not getting a clear picture. Yeah and I would like to run the whole setup on Win10 Pro, a change from Win7 64 bit of course.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 06:05:53 PM »
Hi
I am running win10 pro and ESS  now I have the XHC probe working as it should the thing is a absolute Gem it runs perfect and the probe works great
I am now working on a 8 tool tool changer
Regards Ray