Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:27:00 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 on Win7 32 bit BUT 64 bit processor  (Read 5685 times)

Mach3 on Win7 32 bit BUT 64 bit processor
« on: February 18, 2019, 10:35:43 AM »
Hi everyone,

Ok so I got my first machine in 2005 and have been running Mach3 since.  I have found Win7 32 bit machines work great so long as they have the old parallel port.  You can get them used on Amazon. 

My latest backup computer purchase was about a month ago.  I looked for the usual specs... Win7 32 bit.  So I have a computer crash today and go to replace with one of my new replacements.  In looking at the specs on the computer, it says it has Win7 32 bit, x64 processor.  I have never run into this.  Sure enough, when running the driver test, it says "driver not sensed installed." So if I right click the driver test to run as administrator, it goes for it, only to crash when it says "taking over in 2...."  So I am wondering if I am out of luck because of the specs on the processor????  Not sure what to do, can't get the computer to communicate with the machine.

Any help appreciated!

Bill

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 on Win7 32 bit BUT 64 bit processor
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 01:37:38 AM »
You will not be able to use the Parallel Port with a x64 processor even if the OS is 32 bit. I tried it with Win10 and caused a devastating crash.  ;D
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 05:18:50 AM »
Same here,  Win7 32 on a 64 processor.....Drive test goes fine, Mach3 install ok,P on board ,normal config and no way to get the machine working, at least move the motors a bit....So I need an 32bit processor?....guess that is why I have  a Question mark in Device Manager next to Mach3 pulsing engine....

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 05:58:12 AM »
So I need an 32bit processor?....guess that is why I have  a Question mark in Device Manager next to Mach3 pulsing engine....

My thoughts exactly  :)
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 07:12:22 AM »
This is the last item to be checked...got a PCI card, another BOB, checked  PP cable, tweaked with BIOS, rererereinstall W7, Mach different versions....tx....can't wait to try this one...

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 10:42:16 PM »
More correct information:
Mach3 on Win7 32 bit BUT 64 bit processor should be PERFECTLY FINE

Mach3 on Win8.x or Win10  32 bit will not work not because of x64 processor but because Win 8.1 32bits and win 10 32bits no longer permit any program running in "RING 0 kennel mode".

Mach 3 pulsing engine + driver must run in "RING 0 kennel mode" and the last OS to allow that is Window s 7 32bits (on either 32bits or x64 processors).

The MACH3 driver will have a small question mark because Win7 is suspicious that it is a "root kit virus" since the driver is not signed and so not approved by Microsoft.
ALL 64bits OS must have signed drivers. That is why MACH3 parallel port pulsing engine cannot be made to run on 64bits OS.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 02:33:59 AM »
Yes....it works, can confirm it.....

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 05:09:09 AM »
If using Parallel Ports
There is an INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH expensive 5V PCIe parallel Port Card made by AXXON in Canada.
I ordered hundreds of them to Australia for new PCs controlling PlasmaCAM machines and retrofit many PCs that all over Australia that were having "communications errors" with cheap parallel port cards.
Model I use is:
http://axxon.io/lf1102kb/
Spec.
PCI Express Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 expansion slot compatible (x1, x2, x4, x8, x16 lane)
SPP / PS2 / Bi-directional / ECP mode compliant interface with 5 volt level shifting
Dual 15kV+ ESD protected DB25 Female connector
4th Generation design engineered and recommended for Plasmacam products
Low or Full Height mounting bracket design (both brackets included)
Supported on Windows & Linux (32 & 64 bit), VMWare, Novell and DOS
RoHS, Pb-free and Conflict of Minerals compliant
5 years unconditional warranty.

That Axxon Card is protected against up to 15,000volts spike and ESD.

According to PlamaCAM the parallel port is better than USB or Ethernet for INDUSTRIAL use.
http://plasmacam.com/faqdetail.php?fid=14
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:12:20 AM by reuelt »
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 09:16:50 AM »
More correct information:
Mach3 on Win7 32 bit BUT 64 bit processor should be PERFECTLY FINE

Mach3 on Win8.x or Win10  32 bit will not work not because of x64 processor but because Win 8.1 32bits and win 10 32bits no longer permit any program running in "RING 0 kennel mode".

Mach 3 pulsing engine + driver must run in "RING 0 kennel mode" and the last OS to allow that is Window s 7 32bits (on either 32bits or x64 processors).

The MACH3 driver will have a small question mark because Win7 is suspicious that it is a "root kit virus" since the driver is not signed and so not approved by Microsoft.
ALL 64bits OS must have signed drivers. That is why MACH3 parallel port pulsing engine cannot be made to run on 64bits OS.

Ring 0 Kennel mode...what is that and how do i set that feature on my computer?  Because I can't get Mach3 to run on either of these computers.
Thanks in advance!
Bill

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 06:09:43 PM »
Save your profile e.g mach3mil.xml and your license files  to somewhere?
Uninstall MACH3. Delete everything in c:\mach3
Reboot PC and start again
Download patched Mach3Version3.043.exe from
https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/main-programs/
Turn off antivirus
Go to your download folder, right click on Mach3Version3.043.exe | properties | the click on
[UNBLOCK] the OK
Now Right click on  Mach3Version3.043.exe and select run as administrator.
Install MACH3 including Parallel port driver
When installation is finished, you MUST
REBOOT THE PC immediately (for Mach3 driver to get to Ring 0)
After reboot,
Do the following:-

Go into command prompt with administrator rights COPY and paste each of the below registers.
(Start| all programs| accessories is where to find command prompt is - right click to run as administrator)

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverrideMask /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Now you can do the Drivertest
& start using MACH3
Please ask if you are stuck in any step..