Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:01:21 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 and fusion 360  (Read 4195 times)

Re: Mach 4 and fusion 360
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 05:13:42 AM »
I regularly use Fusion 360 with Mach4 and it works fine. As the posts above state you probably have the wrong post processor selected.

Some instructions below on how to select the correct post processor but I would add that some of the advice above is very good. I'd particularly echo Craig's (joeaverage) advice that if you're totally new to Mach4 and CNC then Fusion 360 is going to add a layer of complexity you probably don't need or want. I like it for CAM but it took me some time to get my head around its peculiarities, it's certainly not as intuitive as other programs I've used.

To select the CAM processor

Go to https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts? and search for Mach4Mill. Download that post processor to somewhere on your computer. I'd suggest creating a folder in the Mach4Hobby directory, something like C:\Mach4Hobby\Fusion360Posts. You're better clicking on the "Download" button rather than opening the file and copying the contents, you avoid issues with different types of newline characters between different OSes that way.

In Fusion360, when you select "Post Process" in the CAM workspace, change the "Configuration Folder" to point at the location above. The "Post Configuration" should automatically change to "Mach4Mill / mach4mill" assuming it's the only post processor in the directory. That should be you good to go.

You're also better opening the gcode file in Mach4 rather than copy and pasting the contents to the MDI window, that can also cause the issue with newline characters being mixed up and result in the single line issue you noted above. Windows Notepad (up until the very newest versions in the latest builds of Windows 10) is a particularly bad offender when it comes to this.

Hope this helps

Tommy
Re: Mach 4 and fusion 360
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »
I'm with TommyG, I use Fusion 360 with Mach4 all the time.  I would check the post processor like he has suggested.
Chad Byrd