Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:19:27 AM

Author Topic: Problem with X axis  (Read 1962 times)

Problem with X axis
« on: February 05, 2019, 06:23:24 PM »
Hi!
I bought a chinese cnc router 6040.
I installed Mach3.
First I tested manually steper motors.
I noticed one problem on x axis:
A router stayed on X axis on 0. I wrote manualy X10 and after that X-10. After this It stayed not in the same point but 2mm next to it. Much3 program shows that X is on the 0.
Y axis works good.
How to change this to normal position?

Thank you for your time.
Janis
Re: Problem with X axis
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 04:22:49 AM »
I changed ACCEL and VELOCITY many times but the problem stays.
When x axis motor runs in + direction, there is not good sound, when it goes back in - direction that sound is quieter.
When I put my ear close to x axis motor (when motor is staying still) can be heard a sound like mosquito is inside. This problem is only on x axis. I changed wires and put x axis wire in a y axis motor and y wire in a x motor. Now x axis works good, but y motor has these problems.
Where can I fix this issue?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 04:31:05 AM »
It sounds like you have identified the fault as the X axis driver in your 6040 controller.  :'(
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 04:34:25 AM »
Is it possible to fix it or I should change some parts?
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 05:03:50 AM »
Hi,
the most likely explanation is a faulty driver IC which is very likely to be one of the Toshiba driver ICs which are
commonly used in Chinese made controllers. The Toshiba ICs are a bit prone to failing

Are you able to unsolder the existing IC and fit a new one?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 05:05:16 AM »
Initially I would carefully inspect the cable connections for your motor that is badly behaving - plug/socket and wire for open circuit of one connection. Then I would take the controller box apart and visually inspect everything very thoroughly, looking for bad solder joints or solder bridges across tracks, terminals etc. and all the plugs / sockets for continuity.

If nothing is found I would replace the controller with one of better quality (US or European manufacture not Chinese).
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 05:59:58 AM »
Thank you guys for your time.
Try to inspect all connections and wiring. If nothing will be found try to change  a driver.

Thank you
Janis