Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:00:07 AM

Author Topic: Slave axis moving at different speed when homing  (Read 1174 times)

Slave axis moving at different speed when homing
« on: February 04, 2019, 07:10:17 PM »
I have a gantry CNC router that I've been using successfully for several months. The other day I noticed that when I hit home all axis, the 2 gantry motors seem to be moving at different speeds during homing. If they are more than a couple inches from the home switch, one of them will jump a pinion gear every few seconds. Not sure what is causing this. I thought each motor was supposed to get the same step/direction pulses as the master axis. I haven't noticed this before but I don't know if it is because I never tried to home the y axis very far from the switch or if there is something new going on.

Also, is there a way to edit the homing script? I can't seem to find where that lives. I would like to adjust the amount each axis backs up off the switch after activating it.

Thanks
Re: Slave axis moving at different speed when homing
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 12:53:02 AM »
Hi,

I would like to adjust the amount each axis backs up off the switch after activating it.

That is not a Mach feature/function. Some motion controllers offer that, PoKey 57CNC certainly and others I suspect
but can't say definitely.

I do not think this is a thing you can do with a parallel port. You can write a small script which would accomplish the same
thing however.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 11:58:53 AM »
This will happen if the master and slave have different homing speeds in Config > Homing/Limits.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 12:56:14 PM »
Thank you both. It took me a little while before I had time to work on the router again but now it's all good.