Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 10:22:43 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Ethernet IP setting  (Read 14645 times)

Mach3 Ethernet IP setting
« on: February 04, 2019, 05:32:10 AM »
I try to make a connection Mach3 to CNC routrer via Ethernet (gives status: Find No XHC Nc Ether). I use a ethernet motion controller card with IP address  192 168 1 180. I have to set that IP adress in Mach 3. This should go with the menu "plugIn Control" accourding to the manual. Unfortunatly this menu only gives "Video Window"and no possibility to set IP address. Does anybody know what I do wrong ?
Re: Mach3 Ethernet IP setting
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 03:07:09 AM »
Hi,
I have a very poor opinion of XHC, they sell stuff and don't give a damn if it works or not.

You should ask XHC. If they help you all well and good. If they don't throw the piece of junk away and get yourself
a US or European made controller.

Tell everybody not to waste their money on XHC.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 06:58:05 AM »
I will certainly keep you informed about my experiance with Xhc.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 07:52:12 AM »
Hi Franselferink,

Please do keep us informed of your experience with XHC.

I am with Craig on this one, XHC do leave a lot to be desired when it comes to customer / product support but I suspect that they are just retailing a product (or products) which originated from another manufacturer and they really do not understand the technical aspects of what they are selling.
PEACE

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 04:56:25 PM »
I try to make a connection Mach3 to CNC routrer via Ethernet (gives status: Find No XHC Nc Ether). I use a ethernet motion controller card with IP address  192 168 1 180. I have to set that IP adress in Mach 3. This should go with the menu "plugIn Control" accourding to the manual. Unfortunatly this menu only gives "Video Window"and no possibility to set IP address. Does anybody know what I do wrong ?

1. From your post, you appear to have not loaded a plugin for your motion controller.
try to download plugin from:
http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/

2. Your PC should be in subnet of 192.168.1.0 to begin with.
Some DHCP assign other IP subnets IP address.
3. See attached to set IP address for your motion controller.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 05:10:32 PM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 03:29:43 PM »
The XHC ethernet controller works fine now, including the servo steppers  end switches and auto zero probe. I have bough a 6090 cnc router machine from Utech (China). I had zero experiance with cnc machines software and ethernet connections. I have no compare with european or USA built  cnc machines but right now  one month later everything works fine. When I look back at all the things I had to solve  I can only conclude one thing: If you read everything very carefully and do exactly what is written it all works. Because I bought a complete machine the people from Utech  were very helpful and were almost 24/7 available. I can imagine  when you buy only a $ 200,= XHC controller on Ebay or  Aliexpress you cant expect  a 24/7 support.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 05:19:16 AM »
 :) happy for you.
But I do not agree that just because you bought a whole CNC machine from UTECH, that you can received support.
UTECH does not make the XHC controller themselves. The XHC maker is cdxhctech and so anyone who has bought the XHC controller from anywhere should be able to get support from cdxhtech.
Anyone who buys Mach3/MACH4 (legally) from any authorized reseller should be able to get support from Newfangled Solutions and HERE. Newfangled Solutions  does not make complete CNC machines but they still support the products they make.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 07:43:37 AM »
I agree, whatever the cost, it should be possible to get some sort of support. I have never tried to get direct support from XHC or cdxhtech so I can not say that they dont give any support. I also agree with former post that there is  a language gab english chinese. I have the impression that the main market for all those chinese stuff is the chinese market. China  needs a lot of machines  to produce all the stuff we want to buy for nothing. I guess that selling machines and controllers  to europe is not their main concern and maybe there for the documentation  in good english doesnt have their highest priority. 

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 08:35:40 AM »
XHC maker's FULL Company's name is Chengdu XinHeCheng(XHC) technology co.,ltd
Their website has Chinese & English pages. Click on English at right hand corner.
http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/ecompany/

Since they make products only for MACH3 and MACH4, we should be treating XHC as a better supporter & friend.
(Unlike some European & US Companies "FRIENEMIES" that are often trying to grab Mach3 customers away from Mach3/Mach4.)

If we know XHC's website, all the English documents are there for download. They also have online chat support.
So why the PREJUDICE??
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 01:12:19 PM »
Hi,

So why the PREJUDICE??

Because they make stuff that does not work and then refuse to help the customer.
CNCDrive may indeed encourage people to try UCCNC but at least they don't rip their customers off
like XHC.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'