Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:01:12 PM

Author Topic: Mac4 seems to scrub the surface when moving from Work coord zero to the 1st. cut  (Read 2245 times)

Tom,
You gotta do what makes sense to you, as long as you're the one running the machine, you do you.  😂

Okay, so the #VARS...  I'm not at my laptop right now, on my phone, but I think it is the diagnotiscs drop down on the menu, the go to reg file; from there, you have to set the VARS range to include 5181-5183 at least.   Then you will hit the little plus sign next to the #VARS in the data box, double click on each of tge VARS and enter your positions.   
Chad Byrd

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Chad,

Got it! I now have Scott's list of # variables, too.

Where are these saved? I know the ones that are saved across startups, but let's say I install Mach4 anew. What I normally do is rename the Mach4Hobby folder, install new ver, copy across my profile, screen, etc. Will that get the variables I hand set like this or do I need to remember to reset them when I do a new install?

I have my M43 stuff edited into the new copy of the Fusion Post, so time to test.

Thanks for the help,
Tom
--
Tom
If you install Mach4 again, they won't be there, they will be reset to 0.  You will need to write them down somewhere and change them back when you open the new Install.
Chad Byrd

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Added this at the end of my Ref All Home function in the Screen Load Script:

--Set G30 # variables
   mc.mcCntlSetPoundVar(inst,5181,11.7)
   mc.mcCntlSetPoundVar(inst,5182,-.5)
   mc.mcCntlSetPoundVar(inst,5183,-.02)
   mc.mcCntlSetPoundVar(inst,5184,2.00)
   mc.mcCntlSetLastError(inst, "G30 # Variables set")

Works! Fire up the control, Ref All Home, G30 Vars are set each time. Goes with my screenset, so no need to remember if/when I upgrade Mach4.

Off to VS Code to work on my post!

Tom
--
Tom
Very nice!
On one of the mills at work, I added 3 DROs to adjust the G30 positions without having to go into the Reg File.  You can set DROs to display System Parameters or Registers.  I don't remember which one I used, but it works very nicely, when put a new position in the DRO it updates the #VARS.
Chad Byrd

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
I got my post all tuned up, too. Wish I'd understood this G30 thing before. I went in the post and edited the G28 stuff by hard coding it to use G53, kind of clunky and I wasn't sure I didn't screw something else up. With the G30 thing I just set the property Use G28 from true to UseG30 so it's the default, then I simply had to redo my M43 macro stuff, which is easy.

So I'm all good, I learned some stuff along the way which always makes me smile:)

Tom
--
Tom