Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:10:56 PM

Author Topic: ethernet or usb which is better  (Read 1145 times)

ethernet or usb which is better
« on: January 19, 2019, 10:05:20 PM »
hi guys, i'm thinking of going with Ethernet instead of usb . is there an advantage  one over the other?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:07:14 PM by hdfatboy »
Re: ethernet or usb which is better
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 10:42:37 PM »
Hi,
Ethernet is the preferred option.

Ethernet communication is very fast which reduces latency. Ethernet signals are transformer isolated at each end
and avoid power supply clashes and are generally much more resistant to electrical interference. Ethernet cables
can be long, tens or even 100 meters whereas USB cables beyond a meter in length become increasing susceptible
to noise or communication failure.

It is only fair to point out that you can get transformer isolated USB cables as well but at a price and they are not the norm.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 12:23:59 AM »
Hi...I just got my machine...it came with the ethernet communication...was very easy to set up...I just plugged the unit into a switch on my network, added a 192.168.... ip address to my ethernet adapter on my pc so that it was in the same subnet as the machine...pinged the machines ip address to make sure I could see it...which responded instantly...opened mach3 where the driver was already setup for it and I was communicating with it...I havent tried the usb version...but plugging a network cable into a switch and running the machine is a very cool feature...coupled with the webcam plugin the machine can be remotely controlled.
I have found next to no lag in communication as it responds to commands instantly...I am personally very happy with this option and ease of operation...and would recommend it in my experience
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:25:35 AM by dragon_sa »
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 10:56:15 AM »
Thank you for your respond, i'm going to go tor the ethernet .