Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:49:39 AM

Author Topic: Spindle at Speed  (Read 1540 times)

Spindle at Speed
« on: January 12, 2019, 08:41:23 PM »
I was hoping someone could shed some light on the "Spindle at Speed" Input.
As per the Manual-The time to accerate the spindle in the slected range. If the “Spindle At Speed” signal is enabled the Accel Time is not need and should be set to zero. Any value in the Accel Time field will be done after the Spindle At Speed signal has been toggled.
I have a good signal, Just doesn't seem to make any difference.
Also have good Index pulse with good RPM and can't get Accel Time to work either.
Any feed back would be appreciated, Thanks for your time.
Re: Spindle at Speed
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 10:42:41 PM »
Hi,
ISIG_SPINDLE_AT_SPEED is a signal defined within Mach4. Its intention is to be hooked to an output of your VFD.
The signal itself does nothing unless you code it to do so.

For instance you might issue a an M3 (turn the spindle on) and then wait until the input signal ISIG_SPINDLE_AT_SPEED to
become active before executing more Gcode.

Most VFDs have a number of programmable outputs, SPINDLE_AT_SPEED is one.

As per the Manual-The time to accerate the spindle in the slected range.
This is a totally different setting. It is your estimation as to how long the spindle will take to accelerate. If say the VFD
was faulty and despite the spindle being turned on it did not spin up like it should Mach wouldn't know, it would
still start executing Gcode 4 seconds after the turn on signal (4 secs being what you set the accel time in the table).

That's where you could use the ISIG_SPINDLE_AT_SPEED signal because it will ONLY become active if the VFD says so.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 07:44:33 AM »
Thanks for your response, So it is just an input with a label.
Again per the manual, You can see where my idea came from- Spindle at Speed -Input to tell the the spindle is at the commanded Speed. This will take the place of the spindle speed up delay if enabled.

In reguards to accel time. I've tried putting time in both accel and decel and it has no effect, thats when i started researching spindle at speed input.
Are there any special parameters for spindle accel and decel that has to be met?
Or do you have to write script for that to work?

Thanks again for your time.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 11:43:58 AM »
Found my trouble.... Sorry if I took anyone down the rabbit hole with accel and decel.

Ok...Accel Time and Decel Time DO WORK. But.... don't have "Wait on spindle to stabilize to % Checked"

Thanks again
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 12:16:05 PM »
Hi,
Ok...Accel Time and Decel Time DO WORK. But.... don't have "Wait on spindle to stabilize to % Checked

Yes, that is correct, but note that Mach requires an index signal so it can measure the spindles actual speed.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
spindle not working correctly
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 05:40:22 AM »
Hello Guys,
While reading the post i felt that you all could help me. Last time i have changed some parameter settings in fuling inverter 300 series and i don't know what i have changed. The spindle moves very slowly.

My spindle is 5.5kw, 11A, 24000rpm, 380V.

Please help me to get back to its normal state.