Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:12:26 AM

Author Topic: V-Carve Desktop Trial and Mach 3 Demo  (Read 4462 times)

Re: V-Carve Desktop Trial and Mach 3 Demo
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 10:06:20 PM »
Hi,
in the lower right hand corner can you tell me what profile and what screen set is in use?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 10:11:56 PM »
Profile: Mach4Router  Screen wxRouter.set
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 10:13:34 PM »
OK... Weird....... Just uninstalled... Rebooted computer and reinstalled for 3rd time.  Now working :   ?????????
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 10:14:32 PM »
Will just sit here and see if it goes through the entire project on this Win 10 machine without stopping.  "not responding"...
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 10:21:08 PM »
Stops at 00:05:41.88.  Must be the Demo mode time.  Am I correct?  I thought there was no time stop in Mach 4 on Demo mode with no machine movements?  This computer is not hooked up to the machine.
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 10:24:05 PM »
Sorry for the cut in posts...... As with the other machine Mach 4 - Demo (Not Responding).... Don't think its the computer.  I think something is not working correct with the program.. ::::?????????
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 11:50:07 PM »
Hi,
its not whether the PC is hooked to a machine its whether there is a genuine motion controller plugin installed in the plugins
folder.

In the attached pic there is one potential motion controller that could cause the machine to operate EXCLUDING various jogging devices, in my
case its the Warp9 ESS plugin and its signature file. If I were to remove those two from the Plugins folder then in Demo mode it will run continuously.

Craig
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:51:50 PM by joeaverage »
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 06:04:53 PM »
I checked the folder and those two files are not in there. The rest are identical though.  I found a sheet "Optimizing Windows 10 and Mach3/4 somewhere in the forum.  Don't remember, and started with moving the file to my PC vice a USB thumb drive.  Mach 4 still stops just under the 6 minute mark and Mach 4 stops responding.  I thought it was the entire windows that stopped responding but other programs can open and I can use internet explorer.  So....... Mach 4 stops responding as if its locked up.  Does not say not responding until I click on anything in the Mach 4 window.  Then at the top "not responding".  Does not start responding after several minutes as most programs do.  In order to get it to respond again, I have to go to task manager and end the program, then restart.  I would just like the program to prove that it can complete a cycle through a project before I spend the money.  Waiting on the UC100 to show up and see if it will at least allow the motors to run.  I thought moving the file to the desktop vice thumbdrive would do the trick, but did not.  I will continue to go through the optimizing windows 10 list, but that does nothing for me for the XP machine that is hooked up to the CNC.  :???????? 
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 08:36:11 PM »
I have to assume that Mach 4 just stops during Demo mode.  No matter what project file I run it always stops at 00:05:41:89.  Once it gets to that point the program stops responding and will not allow me to do anything within the program. No buttons work and it states Not Responding.  The only thing I can do at that point is CTLALTDEL and End the program within Task manager.  I really hope this is because its the Demo version.  I am half tempted to just license it and hope it works.  I would hate to be out $200 if this is not the case.   :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

If anyone knows of anything else I can do to ensure this will work I would appreciate it.  I don't plan to purchase until I have the UC100 in hand and at lease try to make the CNC move in Demo mode.  If that's even a possibility. 

Jeremy
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 09:03:41 PM »
Hi,
clearly Mach is of the opinion that you have a motion controller device and without a licence file it will
operate for only six minutes as you have discovered.

If there are no motion controller plugin in the plugins folder then it should run without limit. Have you, at some stage,
had a motion control plugin in the plugins folder? From your description it sounds as if you have and Mach still thinks
that is the case.

As I posted earlier I had Mach4 operating on my laptop (development PC only) for some time and it would run without time limit.
Once I loaded the ESS plugin, not even as the selected motion controller, but just as two unused files in the plugins folder THEN Mach would
operate for the limited time.

Craig