Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:41:59 AM

Author Topic: separated Acc/Decll for G0 and G1  (Read 1114 times)

separated Acc/Decll for G0 and G1
« on: December 29, 2018, 01:48:25 PM »
is there way to create to type of accl decll
like in all other controlers
so when i use G0 the accl will be higher then when i run G1  ,G2 or G3
the reason is that when i try increase the acc  now ,i got not good cut quality ( on the gantry axis)- must use 1800 to get good quality cuting
but for G0 there no problem to get 3000
thanks
yaakov

Re: separated Acc/Decll for G0 and G1
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 01:59:38 PM »
Hi,
to my knowledge each axis motor has one acceleration setting,Amax. when a G0 move occurs then the axis will accelerate at that rate.
When a G1 move occurs it will accelerate in coordination with other axes up to the maximum its capable of, Amax
You can of course have different speeds for G0 and G1. G0's occur at Vmax whereas G1's occur at the current F speed up to Vmax.

What controllers have different acceleration profiles?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 02:06:01 PM »
biesse have 2 typs ,one for moment second for interpolation
also TPA have 2 options
if i set 1700 i got straight cuting line
if i set more then i got like wave on the corner
but for all other movement 1700 its take a lot of time  (we usual have many movement with G0 we use many drilling holes,in wood working cnc)
thanks

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 12:13:12 AM »
Acceleration has everything to do with the capabilities of the machine.  Meaning how rigid it is.  High acceleration rates will keep the tool closer to the real path when constant velocity mode is used.  However, if the machine is not capable of using the higher acceleration rates WHILE cutting, then the acceleration values need to be lowered (as you have noted).  So if you are wondering or waving on a corner, it is most likely machine flex going on. 

So on to how to solve this...  One could implement a custom M code (or two) to raise and lower the motor acceleration values.  Using the mcMotorSetMaxAccel() API function.  But I suspect that doing some reading up on CV tuning is what will help you the most.  There is a CV tuning wizard that will actually let you control how fast the machine goes into and out of corners, etc...  Slowing the corner speed may allow the higher accel rates to not impact the cut quality. 

Steve
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 12:22:42 AM »
There is a CV tuning wizard that will actually let you control how fast the machine goes into and out of corners, etc...  Slowing the corner speed may allow the higher accel rates to not impact the cut quality.
CV tuning wizard It does not work correctly for me.
https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=38808.0