Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:58:36 PM

Author Topic: Adding a excel link to mach4  (Read 1001 times)

Adding a excel link to mach4
« on: December 14, 2018, 02:05:39 AM »
Hi Guys, a total newbie to mach4 here, is there any way to add a website link or excel link to mach 4 whereby i can directly access through mach4?
Thanks!
Re: Adding a excel link to mach4
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 02:41:23 AM »
Hi,
Mach3 or Mach4 are CNC programs, particularly they are Gcode interpreters.

Excell is a spreadsheet program.....I cant quite see how you wish a table of numbers to be interpreted.

If for instance each line of the Excell spreadsheet has the three numbers required to express the coordinate of a waypoint
in the toolpath......that could be done, in fact has been done before. That might be suitable for G1 codes but how about
any arc codes G02 and G04 and what about the other 50 or so Gcodes and what about any of the Mcodes and/or spindle
control codes?

May I suggest you do some research on what constitutes a Code program by studying some simple Gcode jobs and then ask yourself
'how do I expect an Excell spreadsheet to express itself in a Gcode environment?'.

Most CNCers use a CAM program or a Wizard to generate Gcode, not an art program or a spreadsheet program or any other program, but
one that it intended to produce Gcode which can in turn control a machine.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 03:08:18 AM »
Hi,Understood what you were saying,but i think i misinterpreted my question.What i meant was just a link where i can open an excel file and not to actually run the codes in the excel file,i just want to access the excel file(For reference purposes) from mach4 so that i can save the hassle.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:10:21 AM by Ryan.S »
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 03:15:35 AM »
Hi,
Mach4 has a documents folder and it has a number of different documents in there including .txt files, .pdf files and .chm files.
I would guess that if you put a .xls file in there it would open.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 03:22:30 AM »
Hi,
Got it! Thanks for your help,much appreciated!