Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:32:49 PM

Author Topic: AC DRIVE ISSUES.  (Read 2028 times)

AC DRIVE ISSUES.
« on: December 10, 2018, 02:32:32 PM »
Hi All

I am in the process of completing a cnc retrofit using Schneider Lexium 28 drives and BCH2 motors. I am now on my third drive that has totally given up for no known reason. I have as far as I am aware wired the drives correctly but I am no expert by any means when it comes to electronics. Would anyone be kind enough to take a look at the schematic and advise where the issue may be in my wiring. I don't believe this is a drive issue as its happened three times.
I can post the manuals or just screenshots if required.

Thanks
Mick 
Re: AC DRIVE ISSUES.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 01:07:25 AM »
Hi Mick,
I have a couple of questions:

Why do you have a transformer at the input....is your incoming power supply 250V? These drives are made in Europe for European conditions
so I am bemused that you need anything like a voltage reducing input transformer....or have you Brexited already?

The next is the EMC filters between the contactor and the drives. Do you have specific advice from Schnieder that they are required or acceptable?
As I have said before, not once but a dozen times, you need line reactors NOT EMC filters, unless the EMC filter is specifically recommended by
Schneider. EMC filters tend to have capacitive input impedance and generally a poor choice for a device deriving DC voltage by direct rectification
of the incoming AC, ie a servo drive.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 01:50:01 AM »
Hi Craig
The manual states 230v +- 10%. This right on the limit of our supply voltage. Probably not needed but for £70 thought it worth doing.
The manual also says DO NOT USE THESE DRIVES WITHOUT EMC FILTER. I have fitted the EMC filter recommended for the drive.
When the first drive failed there was no EMC filters fitted and the wiring hasn't been altered apart from fitting the filters.

Cheers
Mick
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 02:09:31 AM »
Hi Mick,
Ok those are both good answers, if the EMC filter is recommended and  approved by Schneider.

But why have you not fitted line reactors? They are both approved and recommended and will improve your power factor.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 02:22:36 AM »
Hi Craig
Will fitting line reactors have anything to do with the drives going down. Considering one has stopped working when only being enabled and not under load.
Cheers
Mick
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 02:40:53 AM »
Hi Mick,
I don't know.....what I do know is that the drives work better with a line reactor than without one.

Craig

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 05:09:10 AM »
had a quick look for your wiring diagram, Looks ok so far.
i asume you have measured the 230v an 24v supply to in range?
what is the error message of the Controller?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 05:50:59 AM »
Hi
Thanks coming in. Yes I have check the 24v and 230v supply and are in range. I'll send the error codes through later when I get home.
The errors are on the drive not the controller.
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 12:50:29 PM »
Hi

I am unable to connect to the drives using the Somove software so cannot update on the error faults.  >:(

Mick

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »
Craig

Looking at my old thread regarding wiring these drives. http://forum.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,37773.270.html. Page 28 It was said "Make sure that the supply sourcing the output current is returning to the same supply. That is do not use the X axis drive to supply output current for a Z axis output."

My wiring doesn't follow the diagrams you kindly supplied as I wanted to use an external power supply. I have noticed pins 11 on both drives have the same GND path for the enable signal on Di1.

Could this be causing anything on toward?

Thanks
Mick