Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:02:01 PM

Author Topic: How do you setup the ethernet port to work with Mach3?  (Read 2883 times)

How do you setup the ethernet port to work with Mach3?
« on: December 05, 2018, 08:19:25 PM »
I have Mach3 setup, but I can't get it to connect to the control board. Are there setup instructions for the Ethernet port to work with Mach3, or should it work out of the box?

Also, are these the proper forums to ask Mach3 questions in? There's a topic called "New Forum!" but I've only ever seen these dead forums where the search functionality doesn't work, and all links from google to these forums are broken and redirect to the main forum page.
Re: How do you setup the ethernet port to work with Mach3?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 01:04:20 AM »
Hi,

Also, are these the proper forums to ask Mach3 questions in
Yes there is and this is it.

The Ethernet port is part of the PC environment, Mach3 (or Mach4) does no affect that. If you have an Ethernet connected controller
there will be a plugin (.dll file) supplied by the controller manufacturer. It will need to be installed in Machs plugin folder.
When you start Mach you will be asked to select your preferred motion control device, you'll select the plugin an away you go.

What controller have you got? Did you receive a Mach plugin with it? Is it Chinese......if you want help from the manufacturer China
might as well be on another planet......good luck trying to get help from them.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 01:43:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

Lets assume all files and settings are identical.

Should Mach3 be able to function using the Ethernet port without external configuration, or is there some external configuration - perhaps in the Device Manager or with custom drivers - that is required before Mach3 can function with the Ethernet port?
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 02:03:53 AM »
Hi.

or is there some external configuration - perhaps in the Device Manager or with custom drivers - that is required before Mach3 can function with the Ethernet port?

Not to my knowledge. Mach does not interact with the Ethernet port, Mach interacts with the .dll plugin and the .dll plugin interacts with the Ethernet
port.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'