Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:12:38 AM

Author Topic: Why does it follow different tool paths from G code preview?  (Read 1144 times)

Why does it follow different tool paths from G code preview?
« on: November 28, 2018, 02:33:17 PM »
offline test. MACH3 3.041
Which setting is wrong?
It operates a different tool path than the preview of G code created with Fusion 360, and the cutter penetrates the base.
The yellow line is rambling. sometimes it may have worked correctly, it may not be completely misconfigured.
But drill hole opens on my table.
https://youtu.be/6Ai3uaDajLg
thanks  ;)
Re: Why does it follow different tool paths from G code preview?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 10:26:58 PM »
Post problem. Likely arc centers are not defined properly as one possible problem. You will find it really helpful to start with a much simpler part. Then post the code and with the g-code definitions handy go through the code that 360 posted line by line and see exactly what the code tells Mach to do. CNC is not Alexa, you have to figure out how to make the part as it is completely stupid.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:21:12 AM »
I notice you are using a very old version of Mach3, to take advantage of improvements and bug fixes you should really move on to a more recent version.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »
garyhlucas and Tweakie.CNC thank you very much for your early advice.
I will check with a more simple code.
Then, without believing the code automatically generated by Fusion 360, I will try to understand the code a little more and try upgrading the MACH 3.

However, sometimes it worked well when tested with the same code, is this also a common bug phenomenon?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:33:12 PM by Masohta »
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 10:10:08 PM »
Beginners often think there must be lots of bugs. After you use software for a while you start to realize they kind of have personalities like people. Ask them to do something they aren’t comfortable with and you may get bad results. So sometimes you have to rephrase your request!