Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:00:20 AM

Author Topic: Need some help trouble shooting  (Read 814 times)

Need some help trouble shooting
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
Hey guys!

So long story short, I'm a newbie to cnc. I'm using a HF lathe conversion to try and turn some acrylic blanks.

I'm using fusion for cad/cam then exporting G-code to run on my laptop with mach 3(windows vista). I've been trying to find the sweet spot for speed and depth when it comes to acrylic so I have been making several different programs and running them on scrap. After running a few programs today, out of no where the cnc just stops.

I started looking in the G-code box and back up a few lines and start cycle from that point. It gets to the part of the G-code and stops again. So I figure maybe something happened to the G-code file. I load several more G-code files and it does the same thing on every one of them.

On N24 the cnc just stops. Mach 3 keeps going like the g-code is executing. If I stop the G-code I can jog, no issue.

I restarted my computer, sa ???me things happen. I reinstall mach 3, same thing happens. Any idea where I should try trouble shooting? Keep in mind all the G-code files I tried running were ones that ran successfully this morning and last night.
Re: Need some help trouble shooting
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:14:17 PM »
Hi,
it sounds like Mach3 is running in demo mode. In demo Mach3 runs a certain number of lines then stops, 500 lines
in a mill profile or 50 lines in a lathe profile.

At the very top of the Mach3 screen there should be the licence holders name or Demo if unlicenced.
Help/About should give you the same information.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 06:34:20 PM »
It is licensed. It says my name at the top and it was executing all all of my g-code earlier.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »
Ok I finally figured it out and it makes me feel like an idiot! Hahah..... On the last G-code I created, it slowed the cnc feed rate down a lot. I didn't realize that 1. it slowed the cnc down that much and 2. That it was changing the feed rate I had set it at in mach 3.

So I adjusted the feed rate in mach 3 and ran an earlier selection of G-code and it worked fine.