Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:28:44 AM

Author Topic: XHC WHB04B "New Generation" DLL Files Needed  (Read 6967 times)

XHC WHB04B "New Generation" DLL Files Needed
« on: November 22, 2018, 10:49:06 AM »
Just purchased the XHC WHB04B Mach3 controller off Flea-Bay.  Upon arrival the disk is cracked and unusable.  After searching on the net the only .dll file that i can find is "XHC-ShuttlePro.dll" file.  Tried this one and its for a different style controller.  Looking in the wonderful well written chinglesh manual, i see that in the beginning of the manual it call's do use the "XHC-ShuttlePro.dll" file off the disk, then in the back of the manual it says use a "ShuttlePro-VXX-XHC-HB04BX-FOR MACH3" .dll file.  I'm assuming this second file is actually correct since the first file was for a different controller.  Can anyone that has this newer generation pendant send me a copy of the disk contents or send me a link?  I've looked on the manufacturers website and cant find it under the downloads tab.  I've sent a message to the EBAY seller, generic response received.  Still waiting on a manufacturers response (not getting my hopes up there either).  I'd like to not go through the hassle of sending it back if someone could be kind enough to send me a copy of the files that came with it.  Attached is a picture of the style I got. Thanks in advance
Re: XHC WHB04B "New Generation" DLL Files Needed
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:47 PM »
Have you tried: http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/view_221_282.html

I just received mine, but lost CD-ROM before I could do install don't have macros.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 04:38:21 PM »
I found that one on the manufactures website but after downloading i saw that it was a ".rar" file.  All other plugin files are ".dll" files.  When I pull up the configure plugins under Mach3 it doesn't show up.  I still haven't heard back from the Ebay seller or the manufacturer.  I'm getting rather frustrated, I should've just spent the extra and got a nice one or at least one that is supported a bit better. 
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 04:44:48 PM »
.rar is like a .zip,  I use 7-zip but I think winzip works also.
in the rar you'll find the DLL and a macro folder.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 05:41:48 PM »
I bought one about a year ago for my other CNC and it works for my needs.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 05:45:32 PM »
I feel like an idiot!!  Unzipped it and it seems to work now for the most part.  Learn something new everyday about these computers!! My Z axis isn't responding to any controls now.  It's like all the sudden its wired wrong and vibrating.  Also my 4th axis only responds in continuous mode and doesn't do anything in step mode.  Any ideas??
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 05:56:06 PM »
I usually wait to power on the WHB04B until I've started Mach3 and REF ALL axis to make certain Mach has it right and the pendant does not get in the way of the machine startup.
Don't know if that helps.

I do like the "CON" & "STEP" buttons along with the two knobs.... much more user friendly that their earlier model where getting the spindle where you want it.

As a side note, the WHB04 is supposed to see when you change display of machine/work coordinates in Mach3. BUT -- I've had to power cycle the WHB0 to get it to update to follow what is being displayed on Mach3.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »
Got the Z axis figured out.  While remounting my mill in my new enclosure one of the wires broke free from a solder joint in the Z axis DB9 connector.  Go figure.  The new controller works pretty good!!  Lots of custom options to choose from for the programmable buttons.  Thanks for your help.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 12:42:47 AM »
Let me know if (how) you can get it to turn on/off the spindle.
I’m not clear how the “FN” key  works in terms of
Which maco is run or how to assign a macro to the fn-macro key
verses what is written on the button.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 12:36:57 AM »
Let me know if (how) you can get it to turn on/off the spindle.
I’m not clear how the “FN” key  works in terms of
Which maco is run or how to assign a macro to the fn-macro key
verses what is written on the button.

I still haven't heard back from the Ebay seller or the manufacturer.  I'm getting rather frustrated, I should've just spent the extra and got a nice one or at least one that is supported a bit better.