Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:22:25 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Lock  (Read 1381 times)

Mach4 Lock
« on: November 19, 2018, 06:52:47 PM »
Hi All,

I have a customer who is using Mach4 on his Router and their Engineer locked the screens etc. to prevent tampering.  Recently the machine was changed a little and the settings need to be changed, but we cannot get in because of the lock.  The Engineer has now left the company, is not contactable,  and no-one has the password  :(

Is there any way to release the lock without the password so that we can fix the problem settings?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pete

PS, is it just me, or is the Search function on the support forum out of order?  Every time I try to search I get an error message!
Re: Mach4 Lock
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 08:14:05 PM »
You can manually edit the Machine.ini file for that profile.

Find the line with   OpLock=1   and change it to   OpLock=0

Making a safety copy of the file before editing by hand is recommended.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »
Thank you Steve, tried that and it worked fine, thank you.

I had believed that the lock was the reason the Mach Config was not available, but it does not appear to be the case.  Is there any other reason why I cannot open Mach Config to change settings? It is acting like Mach is enabled to run, but it is not.

Thanks again for your help,

Cheers

Pete

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »
CoreConf.dll may be missing from the installation directory.  It is designed to be removed to disable editing the configuration via the GUI.  Just copy a CoreConf.dll from the same build into the installation directory, make the changes to the config, then delete the CoreConf.dll.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 11:07:26 AM »
Gotta give this a try.  Somehow one of our operators locked a lathe we have in the shop.  I have no idea if they did this on purpose or not, so I'm going to have to unlock it now.  Glad this thread was started.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 06:50:40 PM »
Okay. I give up. I've tried every suggestion I've found here to no avail. I locked Mach 4 and have no password. Is there a default PW? Or where can I edit it in M4?  Thank you.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 11:43:34 AM »
The password is stored in the machine.ini file for the profile you are using. Search for Passwd