Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:15:48 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 plasma Pokey57cnc Proma Thc...  (Read 1447 times)

Mach4 plasma Pokey57cnc Proma Thc...
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:12:55 PM »
 :( Hi everyone....I have plasma table Mach4, Pokeys57cnc cat5 connection, with Proma 150 THC.  Anybody with problems or connection issues?  I cant get to move my z axis with the THC. I ran a test on proma and arc up and down lit up as well as arc on , but just that z axis wont move up or down. Anybody with same issue or know how to make z axis move while THC commands it.

Thanks
Re: Mach4 plasma Pokey57cnc Proma Thc...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 11:02:38 PM »
Hi,
I may be wrong about this but I don't believe that the 57CNC plugin supports THC. In fact to my knowledge the HiCon Integra
from Vital Systems is the only Mach4 ready external motion controller that supports realtime THC.

May I suggest emailing PoKeys and ask about the status of THC with mach4.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »
Actually they do... they even made their own brand of thc module. Same as the proma but a difeent connection....

https://www.poscope.com/product-category/torch-height-control/

I have made everything work..... i think i need a script for my pokeys and proma...

Any help?

thanks
Salvador
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 06:54:20 PM »
Hi,
yes they sell THC controllers BUT have you confirmed they work with the Mach4 plugin?

The 57CNC certainly has THC support in Mach3 but have not heard or aware that their Mach4 plugin supports it.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 08:20:46 PM »
HEllo craig...

yes they have a mach4 plugin as well... all my plugin inputs and outputs are set.. machine works fine except for thc .... still looking for a script.

thanks

Salvador
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 08:57:32 PM »
Hi,
you need to email them and ask specifically whether their Mach4 plugin supports THC. The last I heard is that it did not.

If you have a look on the Vital Systems website you will see that not only does their board and plugin support THC they also have
a custom THC screen that allow you to enter all the parameters.

To my knowledge Mach4 does not have such a screen. There has been some talk about NFS doing so. Various controller
manufacturers are 'waiting' for NFS to include some features like a THC screen before they work on their boards to support THC.
That's a cop out, Vital Systems have a working board and plugin AND made their own custom screen.

I have seen at various times comments from Warp9 TD (ESS), PoKeys (57CNC) and CNCDrive (UC300) all complain that because
Mach4 doesn't have such a screen 'they can't possibly support THC'. That's rubbish....its just an excuse so they don't have to do the work
and make the investment to support THC.

You need to talk to PoKeys direct and get confirmation about their support or otherwise of THC for Mach4......don't be confused by THC
support in Mach3.....you need to know about Mach4's status.

Craig