Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:04:57 AM

Author Topic: strange steppers behaviour  (Read 3604 times)

strange steppers behaviour
« on: August 04, 2007, 06:22:21 AM »
hi,

with mach 2 or 3 when I drive the stepper (with or without load), I noticed that whatever the speed is, there is every seconds a small shock or vibration in the stepper like "clack" noize (I counted exactly 60nos per min). It can not be due to stepper as it is not depending on RPM.

without knowing anything, I would say that there is a clock of the computer which is interfering with the process but which...???

any clue of what is happening?

my system is core 2 quad 2.4ghz + xylotex 4 axis sytem.
Re: strange steppers behaviour
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 10:54:19 AM »
You need to run a Driver test and have a look at the optimization file (on the downloads page)...

I think you need to go to MSconfig and disable all the programs at startup...

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 01:33:56 PM »
I finally found out the issue...that was the step duration which was not long enough.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 09:28:43 AM »
Damn....the problem came back!

there must be something wrong here.... >:( ???
Today I strated again the CNC and the problem I was facing yesterday came back...at which ever speed I drive the machine , there is every second a brief noize which is like if the stepper was loosing the stepp or giving shock to the ballscew. this results is poor speed and even machine blocking ( I mean stepper lock).

any idea of what can be wrong here?

the pulse is set to 35000hz and it is running at 35250hz so that should not be the issue.
the min step up time was set to 5uS, I tried 1uS, 2uS, and even 25uS...nothing to do...same issue.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 01:55:51 PM »
I have encountered similar problems on a laptop and more recently on a desktop with some cpu clock optimizing.
Please find mi previous post and solution for running Mach3 on a laptop.
Key solution is an utility RMClock.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 02:03:11 PM »
hum...in fact I just tried to remove all processes which are not needed with ctrl alt tab and got a good result...I think my issue is due to the speed control of those new processors....on my pc there is a gigabyte utility and I start to beleive it is the issue...will see if the problem comes back again an other day...for now this as solved my issue...hopefully for good this time!