Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:33:49 AM

Author Topic: Aligning Slave Axis Gantry  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Vivek

•  13 13
    • View Profile
Aligning Slave Axis Gantry
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:08:56 AM »
Hi,
I came across a website that has instruction Aligning Slave Axis Gantry but cant seem to find where that is in Mach 4 option. I am attaching an image of the screen grab that was on the post. Here is the website https://support.machmotion.com/books/knowledge-base/page/aligning-slave-axis-gantry---mach4. I just need to know where to go in configuration to see this options.

Vivek
Re: Aligning Slave Axis Gantry
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 12:34:52 PM »
Hi,
Squaring the gantry is a process that is offered (usually) by the motion controller, not Mach4. In the link you posted the squaring
parameters are set in the HiCon plugin....not Mach4 at all.

I am not familiar with the HiCon but am very much more familiar with the Ethernet SmoothStepper. It too offers gantry squaring.

It is possible to program Mach4 to square a gantry. Quite some months ago I was involved in a thread (Mach4 board) which concerned itself
with 'slaving' and 'un-slaving' motors on a gantry programmatically. This allows you to temporarily 'unslave' a motor, jiggle it back and forwards
to square the gantry and then once squared 'slave' it back to the master motor.

In the first instance I suggest you use the features/facility built into your motion control plugin. If that is insufficient then consider writing
some Lua scripts to do as you require.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'