Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:18:44 PM

Author Topic: MACH4 Pendant  (Read 2709 times)

MACH4 Pendant
« on: November 07, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »
Can anyone recommend a good wireless pendant?  I'm using a PoKEYS57CNC motion controller if that makes any difference.

Thanx,

Rob
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
“Dear Algebra, Please stop asking us to find your X.  She's never coming back and don't ask Y.”
Re: MACH4 Pendant
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 08:52:53 AM »
I guess that means there are none??!?
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
“Dear Algebra, Please stop asking us to find your X.  She's never coming back and don't ask Y.”

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:59:12 AM »
I think you may need to be a little more patient, not everyone checks this forum every day.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:11:46 PM »
Hi,
to my knowledge there are only a few pendants which have a Mach4 plugin.

I use a VistaCNC pendant and it works well, its not wireless. VistaCNC is the only company to have produced a Mach4
plugin for their hardware. The plugin has its share of bugs.

XHC has a couple of pendants that work with Mach4 but XHC did not write the plugin.....that was done by an interested XHC pendant
owner. He has been deluged by requests by others to improve and expand the plugin to work with other XHC models including
the wireless one. He has got sick of it.....its not like he gets anything from it and he has a family and a job etc.

If you really want a wireless pendant the market is wide open.....make and then sell your own.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 08:53:50 PM »
Craig,

XHC has a couple of pendants that work with Mach4 but XHC did not write the plugin.....that was done by an interested XHC pendant
owner. He has been deluged by requests by others to improve and expand the plugin to work with other XHC models including
the wireless one. He has got sick of it.....its not like he gets anything from it and he has a family and a job etc.

If you really want a wireless pendant the market is wide open.....make and then sell your own.

Do you remember who did the XHC plugin?  You think he might publish the source code so I could contribute to it?

Thanx,  - Rob
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 03:06:43 AM »
Hi,
I'll try and find the thread but:

You think he might publish the source code so I could contribute to it?
No he can't. In order for him to get the required info from NFS to write the plugin he has to sign a N(on) D(isclosure) A(greement)
which would prevent him from publishing or even sharing it.

Perhaps if you had your own NDA then he may be tempted to share.

Regrettably the forum search function is on the blink....so finding the thread may be a battle.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'