Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:01:29 PM

Author Topic: I can't seem to get past this status? Find No XHC NcUsbPod!  (Read 5392 times)

I can't seem to get past this status? Find No XHC NcUsbPod!
« on: November 05, 2018, 11:58:42 PM »
Hello!

We recently purchased a 6040Z CNC and I have meticulously followed the install instructions... to no avail.

Mach 3 will not stop displaying "Find No XHC NcUsbPod!" in the status bar, making the program unusable.

So far we haven't been able to get the stepper motors to move at all, we are thinking it is a driver issue?

Any help would be really appreciated!!!
Re: I can't seem to get past this status? Find No XHC NcUsbPod!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 01:02:10 AM »
Hi,
that error means that Mach cannot find the plugin (.dll file) for your XHC controller.

Look in the Mach3/Plugins folder to see if a likely looking file exists. If not you will have to download the right
plugin from the manufacturer of your controller and install it.

You should be able to get this info from XHC......but Chinese manufacturers are very poor at after sales support.
Good luck.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 11:55:46 AM »
Thank you for this info. It seems to have the appropriate drivers in place. Although, they could have sent the incorrect ones to begin with.

I have been reading quite a bit about the different drivers that are required and have seen multiple places that not only does the computer have to be running Windows 7, it has to be 32bit. Is that correct? There was no mention of that in the install requirements.

Thank you for your help!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »
Hi,

it has to be 32bit. Is that correct? There was no mention of that in the install requirements.

No. A Windows 32 bit OS is an absolute requirement for a parallel port machine but should make no difference with an external
motion controller like the XHC.

If/when you get tired of thrashing around with the XHC then consider a US or European made controller like the SmoothStepper or UC300.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'