Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:13:52 PM

Author Topic: Tool change how does it work  (Read 1145 times)

Tool change how does it work
« on: October 19, 2018, 06:39:17 PM »
Hi
I would like to put a tool changer on my router But when a M06 is called how does the machine know where to go to change the tool do I have to put G code in for the tool drop off and pick positions or it there some way to  pre program the positions of each of the tools

Aslo I normally pick the centre of my Job then zero the axis  how would  the program then know where the tools where to change them should I from now on use say use  home position as the zero start point
I have not got a tool change type spindle as yet but are trying to get clear what I would need to do
any help greatly appreciated
Regards Ray

Re: Tool change how does it work
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 09:12:02 PM »
Hi,
you have to write your own M6 macro. There are some examples that ship with Mach that can often be used as is or with
a little modification. Take a look at Daz-the-Gaz's video:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,31032.0.html

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Tool change how does it work
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 07:34:44 PM »
Hi Thanks Graig 
I have CNC a milling machine and used it for around 10 years but I wrote my own "G" code interpreter program  and used a PCI card in the PC  to drive it 
 It does work well but thought I would convert a CNC a router and use Mack4  and still investigating how it will work 
My mill I reset the counters to a Zero point in the job and work on from there with a tool changer I am going to have to have a machine zero and a work place zero but have not found how that would work in Mach4 as yet
Regards Ray