Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 08:21:36 AM

Author Topic: TUTORIAL FOR SETTING UP MACH4 and MODBUS RTU / TCP and a HITACHI WJ200 VFD  (Read 5816 times)

In this post i'll show you that it is ultra mega easy to setup the MODBUS RTU Connection in MACH4 for your WJ200. I also consider to show you the setup for a TCP Master ETHERNET connection :-) I'll upload a Video about this topic, but i'll be only in german language  :o

You'll need for RTU:
A RS485 to USB Adaptor
Chipkin Modbus Scanner (free Download online available)
Mach 4 Hobby (~200 $ License)
VFD Hitachi WJ200
USB mini Serial Cable for connecting the WJ200 directly to your PC
ProDriveNext (Free Download from Hitachi USA)
NO LUA LANGUAGE Knowledge necessary
NO PROGRAMMING Knowledge necessary!

I've set it up with POKEYS57CNC, but it does not matter, because all other motion controller cards can be used too, at least i believe it to be so.

Give me a few days to make the Video and to collect and compile all the Data for you :-)
Regards cncprint.blogspot
Looking forward to seeing this.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
Awesome! i was trying to get modbus to work with my Hunayang VFD today to no luck!
TUTORIAL FOR SETTING UP MACH4 and MODBUS RTU / TCP and a HITACHI WJ200 VFD
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 06:40:46 PM »
Hi Guys,

the Video is finally ready, but only in German. For the ones of you who dont understand german i hope the youtube translation is understandable for you.
Otherwise i hope you can follow along based on the images :-)

http://cncprint.blogspot.com/2018/10/mach4-mit-modbus-rtu-und-dem-hitachi.html

Enjoy the Video and please leave a like and subscribe :-) hihi
Re: TUTORIAL FOR SETTING UP MACH4 and MODBUS RTU / TCP and a HITACHI WJ200 VFD
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:40:40 PM »
Awesome! i was trying to get modbus to work with my Hunayang VFD today to no luck!

Have you made any progress with this? I have mine working on Mach3 and am trying to make the transition to Mach4.
Re: TUTORIAL FOR SETTING UP MACH4 and MODBUS RTU / TCP and a HITACHI WJ200 VFD
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 06:16:49 PM »
Is it possible to get your exact modbus registers and info? No need to redo all of your reverse-engineering just to set the spindle speed.