Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:50:26 PM

Author Topic: What happened to the MPG flyout in Mach4?  (Read 1095 times)

What happened to the MPG flyout in Mach4?
« on: October 13, 2018, 12:27:45 AM »
Greetings All,

I'm a member of the Rochester Makerspace (NY).

We just installed a new ESS Smoothstepper and Mach4 on our router and fired it up last night. We have been running Mach3 until now.

One of the first things I noticed was that the on-screen MPG no longer pops up when you hit the Tab key. Does that feature still exist in Mach4? If so I I see there's a Jog tab with the same functionality but a different interface. Is that the recommended replacement for the on-screen virtual device?

Thanks!

Jay Perez
Re: What happened to the MPG flyout in Mach4?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 12:42:24 AM »
Hi,

Does that feature still exist in Mach4? If so I I see there's a Jog tab with the same functionality but a different interface

The flyout has gone the way of the dinosaur. The jog tab has all the same functionality.

You may not yet be in a position to use it but when you are check out the jogging APIs, you'll be able to use those to define
and make your own jogging commands/macros/buttons.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: What happened to the MPG flyout in Mach4?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 12:57:55 AM »
Hi,

Does that feature still exist in Mach4? If so I I see there's a Jog tab with the same functionality but a different interface

The flyout has gone the way of the dinosaur. The jog tab has all the same functionality.

You may not yet be in a position to use it but when you are check out the jogging APIs, you'll be able to use those to define
and make your own jogging commands/macros/buttons.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the info and the incredibly fast reply!

Sorry to hear that your best friend still hasn't come back... ;-)

Jay