Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:51:53 AM

Author Topic: 4 axis problems  (Read 3790 times)

4 axis problems
« on: August 01, 2007, 05:37:07 PM »
I'm having a problem with a 4th axis on my mill.

In the past, I would set everything up, and switch the cabling around on my Y and A axis and everything would work great. That worked since steps and ratios worked out were the same.

I upgraded to a precision lead screw on the Y axis, which has a different pitch on the threads.

The problem is that I can't move the A axis in a program. I can go into jog mode, and use the insert/delete keys and the A axis spins just like it is supposed to. So I know it's not a wiring problem or something, it's a configuration problem someplace. In jog mode, the displayed position of the A axis changes as well.

I went into my G-code program, did a find/replace and changed all the Y's to A's. Program runs, just the rotary table never moves.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
Re: 4 axis problems
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 06:38:02 PM »
If you select the "MDI" screen, and type a line of code in the manual data entry textbox, does the machine respond correctly to the commands?

William
Nothing's impossible
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 06:59:08 PM »
Thanks for the response William.

Figured it out. Brain fart on my part. For some reason, the steps per rev was 1/100 of what it should have been. So it was actually moving, just didn't look like it.

Think it's all fixed.

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 02:16:42 AM »
Yep, I done that one too!!

William
Nothing's impossible