Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:31:01 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 won't control PoKeys 57U matrix LED  (Read 1388 times)

Mach3 won't control PoKeys 57U matrix LED
« on: October 03, 2018, 02:11:31 PM »
I'm stumped here...

Problem:

I'm trying to use a PoKeys57U with a matrix LED deserialization circuit on pins 9,10,an 11 to address up to 64 control panel leds. 
Although the PoKeys standalone app, when used independently of Mach3, will light any of the matrix leds correctly, the Mach3 plugin set up with the correct row/column assignments will not light anything. 

More Details:

1)  The deserialization board is essentially the circuit provided in the PoKeys manual.  This DIY part seems to work correctly when using the PoKeys app LED Display set to Matrix 1, and using the Live Test Display to select any square in the 8x8 array to illuminate the corresponding LED.

2)  Doing nothing other than closing the PoKeys standalone app and opening Mach3, I am unable to make any matrix LEDs light regardless of the LED assignments made in the plugin. The PoKeys board is otherwise fully functional, with a 6x16 matrix input keyboard, and all other I/O pins behaving predictably as encoder and button inputs or outputs for a few directly connected LEDs. 

3) In the Mach3 plugin I am making the matrix LED assignments under PoKeys Mapping ----> Matrix LED 1 -----> Rows/Columns  and choosing something easy like inch/mm as an LED assignment for testing, with no success  It's like the matrix LED function is not enabled in the Mach3 plugin, but I don't know why.  The matrix keyboard worked without issue, but something is not right here.

What am I missing?  Thanks.