Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:26:12 AM

Author Topic: problem with plasma cutter touch off control.  (Read 3460 times)

problem with plasma cutter touch off control.
« on: September 25, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »
Hello all I am narrowing in on my home built cnc. However I am about to cry. I can not for the life of me get the touch off/ floating head to work properly.

I have a floating head with a limit switch attached to the probe input. I am using G31 and G92 in my touch off sequence. I have shamelessly stole the programming from this site. The machine will run down and touch off of the plate and set the dro to zero some times and some times not? usually it goes to -1.0 and then it will go to the next cut, and touch off. each cut it wants to raise another inch until it is out of stroke. I also have gone from version .066 to .062 with no help. What is odd is that it will sometimes runs some of the cuts right but never all. It is not consistent, the next time it will act up in a different spot in the program.

If you have seen this before or have a suggestion please help a brother out.

Thanks!

Frustrated Dave!

Re: problem with plasma cutter touch off control.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 01:47:15 AM »
are you using mach 3 or mach 4?

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 01:13:02 PM »
Show us your code, and we will see.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 01:41:33 PM »
Kinda merged into this post ..... almost a year ago.
https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=38616.msg261258#msg261258
 :)
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 12:28:46 PM »
So im some what having the same issue but im not as experience as you fellas.
Can you guys help a bro out maybe?
I built a plasma table with touch off head as well...all pins are correct in the software, using mach 4, sheetcam and i have an ess smooth stepper. Aaaaaaallllll i want to do is just include the touch off sequence at every cut start........and im loosing my mind here! Should there be a specially made post processor (sheetcam) for this to work? Do i have to download something from warp9 (ess) to work properly with mach 4? Or is there something im not doing correctyl in mach 4?
Any way you guys can explain this process thouroughly? 😭

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 01:33:04 AM »
So im some what having the same issue but im not as experience as you fellas.
Can you guys help a bro out maybe?
I built a plasma table with touch off head as well...all pins are correct in the software, using mach 4, sheetcam and i have an ess smooth stepper. Aaaaaaallllll i want to do is just include the touch off sequence at every cut start........and im loosing my mind here! Should there be a specially made post processor (sheetcam) for this to work? Do i have to download something from warp9 (ess) to work properly with mach 4? Or is there something im not doing correctyl in mach 4?
Any way you guys can explain this process thouroughly? 😭

To avoid duplication this thread refers;  https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=41436.msg271560#msg271560

PEACE