Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:44:33 AM

Author Topic: IP/M - Mach3 - Win10 - DRO Values unreasonable wrong ! (too high)  (Read 2338 times)

IP/M - Mach3 - Win10 - DRO Values unreasonable wrong ! (too high)
« on: September 23, 2018, 07:34:57 AM »
hello,
I reworked my router with the CSMIO IP/M, 2 servos (X,Y JMC57 / iHSV57), 1 stepper (Z).
I used my router before under a parallel port driven controller, worked so far.

After setup, so everything works (axis, limit, homing etc), I encounter a huge problem with the DRO values.
So here is what I did :

- created a GCode with CamBam (millimeters, Feedrate 1000 etc) as I did all the time before.
- referenced my router under Mach3, jogged manually to a position on my router bed and set all axis to 0.
- Load GCode and with loading the GCode, my DRO values change to values as for example 1437,23 on the X, 2314,43 on the Y and 980,3 on the Z.
- set all three DROs to Zero and start milling.

Now, all drives move, but in an absolutely slow manner, as the router seemes to work in a micro mode. As I created a rectangle of 50mm x 100m for testing
pusposes, the router moves only a few millimeters per axis. The job ends normally, without error or any other problem.

I checked the steps/rev again and again, also the Pulse/Rev on my servo and calculated it with the lead of my screws... these values seem to be right,
As there are 8000 pulses/rev set on the servo by dip switches, 5mm lead gives me 1600steps/pulses per rev in Mach3. So I need 0,2revs per mm.

Verified the value 1600 by Mach3 with travelling 20mm on the X and measuring 20mm.

So what am I doing wrong or not seeing till now ?
Is there a feature in the IP/M that I did not realize as important for my problem ?
And by the way, I read the f*$%=( manuals but those for IP/M are imho ... anyway...

Please help me getting my router working again... appreciate any help !!!
Martin

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: IP/M - Mach3 - Win10 - DRO Values unreasonable wrong ! (too high)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 03:21:37 AM »
can you post your G-Code ?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.