Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:48:48 PM

Author Topic: Dolphin v10 post processors  (Read 1524 times)

Dolphin v10 post processors
« on: September 19, 2018, 06:43:40 AM »
Can anyone help with copies of post processors for Dolphin v10 (I think v11 & v12 work)
Dolphin's post processors pages are not working! (Mill links are NOT FOUND) and lathe are DEAD.
I's lathe that I need most, but I should like to have mill also. (For Mach3)
If anyone has tips on using this software with Mach3, That would be great as I am new to lathe work.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Dolphin v10 post processors
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 07:00:04 AM »
I think Hood is the expert here but if it's any help the only Dolphin pp that I have seen is attached.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:32:00 AM »
Thank you for that, I will play and see what works while I wait for Hood to see my post.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 05:16:45 AM »
Go to Dolphin site / support / post processors > Lathe Posts and download
from the listing. Depending on the mode you are using two are required , namely:

Mach 3 - Radius Mode
Mach 3 - Diameter Mode

You will also find post processors for the mill.

https://dolphincadcam.com/dolphin-partmaster-turning-post-processors/

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 05:42:43 AM »
If anyone has tips on using this software with Mach3, That would be great as I am new to lathe work.

I would suggest that you learn and  understand all the basics for using a CNC lathe.
You can start with the Mach Manual, then study the Smid books. The Mach3 lathe screen set just sucks and you would be better off downloading  a screen set done by Phil #24lathe.lset.

LINK TO THREAD- THREE PAGE LATHE SCREEN:
See the bottom of the first page of the thread to download the screen set and how to install it.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,13548.msg88932.html#msg88932

There are manuals for Dolphin. I don't use it's CAD and just import a dxf file go on from there.

FWIW,
I would also suggest that you try LazyTurn, there is an excellent manual for it, and frankly for
a lot of lathe work along with the Threading Wizard, it will cover a lot of basic work you will be doing.  

I would also suggest you may want to take a look at Fusion 360 for the lathe since it is more advanced than Dolphin.

Just a lot of learning so enjoy the task.

RICH
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:51:08 AM by RICH »
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 05:04:17 PM »
Thank you all for the advice.
I asked Dolphin about the fact that their post processor download site is not working. They are aware of this and are intending to have it running again as soon as possible.
They have also sent me the files that I need, so the learning begins.
I am very impressed with the help I have received from them considering I was asking for help with a very old version.