Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:19:53 PM

Author Topic: No Motor Tuning Menu after Installing Simple Screen Set  (Read 3547 times)

No Motor Tuning Menu after Installing Simple Screen Set
« on: September 14, 2018, 07:29:13 AM »
Mach3  .44 version and using Warp9 ESS.  Downloaded from Downloads below the Simple Screen and wanted to use as I can see the buttons and screen much easier.  Now Motor Tuning in the pull down menu is missing?? I do have a full backup of it all but really like this screen set.   

Since this Simple Screen came from a school environment just wondering if the designer decided not to let students mess with certain menu items?
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
Re: No Motor Tuning Menu after Installing Simple Screen Set
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 07:58:46 AM »
So part of this or all may be I copied and pasted part or all of the Mach3 install, but I swear all was working fine until the new Screen Set ?  Maybe a new install of the correct version again for the Warp9 ESS?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:00:52 AM by wmgeorge »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 08:02:10 AM »
Maybe a new install of the correct version again for the Warp9 ESS?

I think that is the way.

Installing a screen.set file and associated bitmaps will not affect the operation of Mach3.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:05:17 AM »
The motor tuning window has nothing to do with the screenset.
It's a somewhat common issue, which I think requires a re-install of Mach3.
I just searched it, and it appears that if you rename the Mach3 folder, or don;t do a proper install, the motor tuning window will not work

The problem is that the NTGRAPH.OCX file that the motor tuning window uses is a registered ocx file.  If you rename or move the installation, then Windows can't find it.  You can manually reregister it by clicking the Windows start button, then Run and enter:
regsvr32 {full install path}\ntgraph.ocx
For example for a standard install it would be
regsvr32 c:\mach3\ntgraph.ocx

Generally, a screenset should have no effect on Mach3 operation. If something is not working after changing screens, it's usually due to them not being installed properly.
You mentioned homing not working in your other thread. Homing is handled by a macro, usually saved in the button. The new screen may use a different homing macro.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:07:31 AM by ger21 »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 08:11:48 AM »
I hoped you two experts would reply.  Yes I did a copy paste or maybe rename of the folder. I will do the new install and hope I save the right files!!  Thanks guys.

Lucky for me I get my knee worked on today so I will have a little down time today to mess with the shop computer.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 10:08:30 AM »
After you install Mach3, you can copy a completre previous \Mach3 installation folder right over it. But you must do the full installation first.
Gerry

2010 Screenset

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:55:54 PM »
Gerry and Tweakie that all worked.  But the new Homing button does not.  The Operator, Edit Buttons does not work and I loaded in the Hidden File m1s file and it was empty unlike the the examples given elsewhere.  So I give up, going back to a OEM working screen and program.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »
HiddenScript.m1s is not the actual macro file. It's a temp name used when you are editing button scripts.
I'd have to download and install that screen to see how the home button works, and I can't do it this week, as I'm using a limited data wifi connection.
Gerry

2010 Screenset

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 01:54:55 AM »
If it’s any help, the School Screen ‘Home Machine’ button invokes the OEM code 105 which is the standard Home Z, X, Y …  routine.

If you use a screen editor that button function could be changed from an OEM button to a VB Script button then, within Mach you could use the Operator / Edit Button Script function to insert the same script you already have for your original screen’s Home button (if that makes sense).

Tweakie.

EDIT; The attached .zip has a modified School screen. Unzip and copy this .set file to your Mach folder (over write the existing file) then you can insert your own script into the Home button using the Mach3 Edit Button script function.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 05:35:44 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 12:16:46 PM »
OK Tweakie that worked Great!!  As soon as I could EDIT that button I just Deleted the old script, Copy and Pasted the new OEM from Mach3 and its not version .44 its whatever Warp9 has as a suggested version.  

It works as it should and also the Pause Button works, and Cycle Start, starts from where it left off.  Wow!! I can see the screen and its a Simple Screen.  

Now having taught for 12 years (HVAC)  I know the reason why things are disabled so students can not access. If they can, they will and usually they screw it up.

Thanks again to you and Gerry for the Help.    And Gerry that is why I have unlimited Data on my cell phone so it can be a Hotspot when the regular Internet goes down.