Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:24:13 AM

Author Topic: plasma screen questions  (Read 2175 times)

plasma screen questions
« on: September 01, 2018, 02:19:20 PM »
Several weeks ago I called and asked several questions and was told will look in to it and email you   

1 I noticed the down light stays lit in in the Mach 4 machine dig screen.  This is not wire problem it will do it with just the arch pro screen loaded in the demo
All the up down lite on the arch pro screen work and correspond with the proma.  I find the up down THC just does not have the response when cutting I thought maybe the light might be a problem It comes on as soon as you enable the unit
I find the THC very hard to use and set right the reaction is either to fast or to slow.   unless I set the max and minim height for very minimal movement off the pierce height
It does not really work that good... 
I like to run an integrated one. But found the digital input for initial height sense does not work if the THC is turned off. So how I make the digital input work with THC off...  I would like to be able to turn off the THC and still use the digital input for initial height sense

2 how do I jog the machine when I push torch on button. You can’t use jog how does one move the gantry to do a manual cut the manual says it will work. And does not the jog functions are not actable 

3   I noticed there is a new firm ware up date and new arch pro screen on the new screen there is no torch on button.. I was told just use m5 well m5 does not fire the torch 
So how do you fire the torch with the new screen   and has the THC been fixed to work better

Thanks Jeff coldon

Re: plasma screen questions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 10:18:27 AM »
Jeff,

We updated the plugin with less sensitive slider. We did remove the Torch On button but you can turn torch on with M3. M5 will turn off the torch. We were able to turn on torch with M3 and jog the machine with no problems here. We are not seeing any issues with the torch up/down signals from the Proma 150. You can try setting the THC Max/Min input labels on the screen to values that allow a larger range of motion.