Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:45:16 AM

Author Topic: Windows 10: Why are base sheets of Mill, Plasma, and Turning Identical?  (Read 1155 times)

You guys have been helping me upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 10.  Lots of problems but suggested fixes sure helped.  Just deleted Mach3 file and downloaded (again) the suggested Mach file (...062) for a Windows 10, 32 bit computer.  Also downloaded correct driver for UC100 device.  Made profiles for Mill, Turning, and Plasma.  All three shortcut keys (Al's Lathe, Al's Mill, and Al's Plasma) on desktop and load a program.  Trouble is I'm used to seeing a much different main sheet for Turning and Mill on my old XP machine  The sheets for all three programs seem identical.  They are separate programs as a change in the Config files does not show up in another program.  Did Mach3 make this change over the last few years or is something wrong.  Thinking about it, I sort of like the idea as I'm more familiar with the old milling program and that's the sheet showing up for all three programs.  No reason I can't simply program my axis for two dimensional (X,Y) coordinates when I'm doing lathe work.  Maybe all is OK, sure hope so as its been an interesting week.  Thanks again - Al

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Windows 10: Why are base sheets of Mill, Plasma, and Turning Identical?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 08:05:29 PM »
If you are not seeing the Lathe screen, then you're shortcut is not working correctly.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
Re: Windows 10: Why are base sheets of Mill, Plasma, and Turning Identical?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »
Airsoft (Jim) had the solution:  In the VIEW tab on the main menu, select Screens then the file 1025.lset.  Click onto this file and the main screen for Lathe becomes the program's main menu.  Interestingly, this file did not show on my first viewing of the View tab but doing a search for it indicated it was in the correct Mach3 directory.  Clicking on the file showing in the search results solved the problem.