Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:32:26 PM

Author Topic: Noob here  (Read 5044 times)

Re: Noob here
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 04:10:49 AM »
This is tuff, have no work for time being,, so i can't cast money away to a 'more'pro machine like Nextcnc, is almost 2x the price...

1 Lets say the USB works under Windows 32Bit,, then i still can't use March3 since it demands use af a parallel port? and the CNC use the USB port.
2 If it is a pirated version do not matter, i am gonna buy a licence anyway...
3 '''''external motion controller (USB or Ethernet)'''   i have to check that out, think i know what it is, but only a guess..

Perhaps i must pause this cnc for a while to a more user friendly solution come around..

Many thx for all the help.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:29:21 AM by TommyF »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 04:50:24 AM »
Forget the Parallel Port (unless of course you have the Parallel Port model of this controller).

The CNC machine you have linked connects to the controller using the printer cable and your controller connects to your PC using the USB cable. You need to be using a 32 bit PC with Win 7 or older and you need the disc which was supplied with the machine to install Mach3 and the USB plugin software.

If you do not have the disc then you need to search the internet, ebay, etc. to find a copy of the disc or the necessary USB software to support your controller and then download Mach3 from the Artsoft website.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:58:09 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 07:07:52 AM »
Thx, clear talk for most part,, only thing there do not make sense in my head is why i most use march3 from the provider and not just download one here and but a licence , the usb plugin i get why it speciel to this controller/machine.
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 07:23:55 AM »
Hi,
so i can't cast money away to a 'more'pro machine like Nextcnc, is almost 2x the price...
Where does this come from? Both Gerry an I recommended a better external motion controller, I like the SmoothStepper, $190US
and Gerry is partial to CNCDrive products like the UC300, $145US. We did not say 'go out and spend double the money' at all!

It seems also that you bought something without doing much research. The questions like 'what sort of PC and what kind of OS I need'
should have been answered BEFORE you buy not after.

Get in touch with whomever sold you the thing and get them to supply the plugin required. The plugin is specific to the controller,
no one here can help with that, you have to get it from whoever made the controller. I use a SmoothStepper so I have to go the
SmoothStepper website and get the plugin for it. If I have any problems I can ask the guys who make it....they have a forum
staffed five days a week just to answer problems I and other users may have. Superb service. I hope you get the same.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 07:41:06 AM »
Hello,,, havend bought it yet, hence the many ? :-) 
Whats put my mind into a mixup is all the but's only if the cnc can do that or software demands aso...

Iam just now getting my brain around/use to accept that the machine is not ready to run, but now i am gonna need a ekstern motion controller aso(first i learn about it exist yesterday).. that all, just try to get all of it into my head :-)

I keep read and learn to i understand why i need this and not taht you know :-)

Thx for reply and help.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 07:44:34 AM »
Iam just now getting my brain around/use to accept that the machine is not ready to run, but now i am gonna need a ekstern motion controller aso(first i learn about it exist yesterday).. that all, just try to get all of it into my head :-)

That machine comes with an external USB motion controller. You just don't know what kind it is. There are probably 50 different chinese controllers out there.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 07:56:37 AM »
Hi,
kool!

So many people turn up here having bought something only to find it doesn't work as advertised and the Chinese suppliers might as well
be on a different planet, they cant be bothered helping you.

I am one of several regulars on the forum who've seen people spend money on Chinese electronics often with a poor result. Ask your self 'If
I bought this machine and threw away the electronics and replaced them with something better' would it still be worth it?
A US or European external controller, $150-$250, maybe three good stepper drivers at $75 each. If you planned on spending that bit extra you could take
what may prove to be a dog to something much MUCH better.
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 03:42:12 PM »
1 It kinda goes over my head,,, are u saying that i can throw the controller in the bin?
2 When u write stepper drivers, are we talking about prints and wire and electric connection,, if so that not for me :-)
3 Which other machine will be ready to use out of the box , hardware/pc connection i mean,, not tools/mill setup aso,, i know i gonna do that my self later...

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 07:00:05 PM »
Hi,

are u saying that i can throw the controller in the bin?
Rather brutally put but yes, if you replace that controller with something like a SmoothStepper you
will end up with a better machine.

If you were to replace the driver yes you would have to wire them up.

Which other machine will be ready to use out of the box
That is problematic, there are many good machines that will work really well 'out of the box'
but they will be very much more expensive.

Craig
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 07:46:24 PM »
Excellent, i think i got most of it now,,,, the result must be a no go to a bigger CNC, stay with my Snapmaker and learn more, buy there when a bigger CNC carve/mill come out from them.