Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 03:19:43 AM

Author Topic: Jogging axis with Joypad  (Read 1000 times)

Jogging axis with Joypad
« on: August 26, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »
Hi Guys,
Is there anyone who's having / had problems with jogging his cnc with a joypad, having a UC300ETH-5LPT ethernet motion controller and running on Mach3?

I'm currently setting up my new build and have been strugling to get my axis moving with a joypad but to no avail. I already have ShuttleRU STM32 pendant installed but prefer to jog the CNC with a joypad for the simple reason that it is much more convenient.

I have tried several ways to get this working, including a fresh system setup to switch from win7 64 bit to 32 bit and niether this was not successful. I then started mach 3 without being connected to the CNC (UC300ETH-5LPT disconnected) and could be able to move the axis with the joypad. As soon as I reconnect the LAN cable, switch on the cnc and restart the system, the joypad is becames non functional again.

I'm not sure if there is some sort of impediment by the motion controller to inhibt the joypad from functioning.

My current setup is made as follows:
Cnc software: Mach3
CNC Driver: UC300ETH-5LPT ethernet motion controller, DG4S-08020 servo drive
Jogging : ShuttleRU STM32 pendant (currently functional) / USB Joypad (most prefered to use but not functional - for more details here http://gmb.nl/item.aspx?id=8763 ).
Operating system: win7
Thanks for your time.