Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:19:59 PM

Author Topic: Log-in not retained  (Read 6996 times)

Log-in not retained
« on: July 28, 2007, 04:23:44 PM »
For a few weeks now, the forum has been refusing to "remember" so that I have to manually log in each time I visit.  Is there a setting in IE 7 that needs to be adjusted somewhere?

Mike

ynneb

Re: Log-in not retained
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 07:16:37 PM »
You must allow explorer to accept cookies.
If you already have that set, try deleting the cookies related to this forum. They will then reset.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 10:31:21 PM »
Thanks - just set IE7 to explicitly allow cookies for this site so maybe it will stick now.

Mike
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 12:06:57 PM »
Cookies for artsoftcontrols.com and machsupport.com have both been set to "always allow" but this site still doesn't remember me and I don't see any cookies from either domain name to delete.  Should there be another domain name to check?

Mike

scottn

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 05:37:20 PM »
Hi Mike,

When you're accessing the forums, is it from a bookmark?

Thanks,

scott
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »
Scott,

Yep - I'm using a bookmark that links to the log-in at machsupport.com.  Does that provide a clue?

Mike

scottn

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 07:08:02 PM »
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the late response.

What URL does your bookmark link to?  If it links to http://artsoftcontrols.com/[yada yada yada] then that's probably the reason why.  If it links to http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/[yada yada yada] then that's probably not it.  It may not be a bad idea to just re-bookmark it...  =)

(I had a similar issue - homepage was set to artsoftcontrols without the www, so i showed as being not logged in every time i opened Firefox... but, every time i clicked on anything I was suddenly logged in... i fixed some links that were malformed elsewhere in the site, redid my homepage, all is now good...  :))

Thanks,

scott
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 10:05:33 AM »
Thanks - just opened the forum from the link at the ArtSoft web site and it looks like that fixed the pronblem.

Mike