Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:57:52 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 with Win7 Laptop USB Controller.  (Read 20937 times)

Re: Mach3 with Win7 Laptop USB Controller.
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 02:42:45 PM »
Hi,
on your Inputs page you have all limit switches and home switches assigned to one input, and even worse you have chosen pin 3.
Pin 3 is NOT an input, its an output, in fact its an output for the y axis according to your Motor page.

Also you have in your Home and Limits page specified that Z is to Home but you have not enabled the Z axis motor in your
Motor page.

Try this suggestion: wire your three home switches individually and assign each to one input. I would not bother with limits until
you understand homing. You have tried to combine all limits and homes into one input, you are not the first and wont be the last.
If that one input activates Mach does not know whether the X axis is about ready to sail off the end or whether the Z axis home switch has triggered.

Try:
Estop         pin10
XHome       pin11
YHome       pin12
ZHome       pin13

Disable X+,X-,Y+,Y-,Z+,Z-

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 11:02:16 PM »
joeaverage.

Can you please confirm that the pin no you have suggested are for USB Controller system, OR for Parallel Port system.
Cause when i select those pin no of the axis, the machine is just pushing against the end of the bed, it goes past the Home sw and continues to push against the wall so to say, till it want to break it.

I am not sure if a USB Controller has those pin no available for use.

Please Confirm.

I am using a USB Controller with a USB cable and NOT a Parallel Port printer cable that has  25 pins.
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 11:09:30 PM »
joeaverage,

I have intentionally disable the Z axis,
so that i can first sort out this homing problem with X and Y axis first.
earlier all 3 axis were homing perfect.
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 11:38:29 PM »
Hi,
its your controller, there is no way I can tell. Certainly the numbers I have given apply to a parallel
port but most external motion controllers intended for Mach3 follow the same numbering.

Look in the manual for your controller, you require inputs for home switches. I think your assignment of pin 3
is an output.

If you don't want the Z axis to Home disable it in the Homing and Limits page, otherwise Mach will attempt to
home the axis but not be able to move it because you have no Z axis motor.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2018, 01:02:46 AM »
Found the problem why the Homing was not working properly.

Somewhere down the line while Tuning Motors, i changed the Micro Stop to 1 or 2 on the Motor Drivers, so the axis moves a particular distance, and it was enough to move the table back far enough to operate the micro sw.
Then i changed the Micro Step to 8, so now the distance move became very small, and the micro sw would not operate.

To solve the problem i have oriented the micro sw trigger arm in such a way that it gets triggered wishing that small distance the table moves back after hitting the Home sw.

Now all 3 axis are Homing Correct, all 3 axis are of 1/8 Micro Step.
Z axis now activated and also but on 1/8 Micro Step.

Cheers. Finally, all systems working perfect.
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2018, 01:06:24 AM »
Hi,
its your controller, there is no way I can tell. Certainly the numbers I have given apply to a parallel
port but most external motion controllers intended for Mach3 follow the same numbering.

Look in the manual for your controller, you require inputs for home switches. I think your assignment of pin 3
is an output.

If you don't want the Z axis to Home disable it in the Homing and Limits page, otherwise Mach will attempt to
home the axis but not be able to move it because you have no Z axis motor.

Craig

Pin 3 is input, and now the system is working perfect.
all 3 axis Home properly.
USB Controller input pins are different,
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2019, 01:17:49 AM »
I have WIN XP and a USB to DB25 adapter. Trying to install a LPT port with no success. I need a LPT port set up with I/O address so I can use Mach3. Does anyone have any experience using a USB to DB25 Adapter that can help?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 01:37:19 AM »
I have WIN XP and a USB to DB25 adapter. Trying to install a LPT port with no success. I need a LPT port set up with I/O address so I can use Mach3. Does anyone have any experience using a USB to DB25 Adapter that can help?

The USB to DB25 adapters do not work.

You will need to look for a motion controller such as the Warp9 ESS or the Pokeys 57CNC , etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2019, 05:09:00 AM »

The USB to DB25 adapters do not work.

You will need to look for a motion controller such as the Warp9 ESS or the Pokeys 57CNC , etc.

Tweakie.

Thank you for your support

EDIT; Advertising removed from quote.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 05:27:24 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2019, 12:11:55 AM »
you should not need to do anything at all. Install Mach3, carefully follow the mach3 install instructions, configure your machine and that's it. Sounds easy doesn't it? All I am saying is that you don't need anything special just because you are installing in Win7.