Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:56:17 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 with Win7 Laptop USB Controller.  (Read 21242 times)

Re: Mach3 with Win7 Laptop USB Controller.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 10:58:03 PM »
Actually, there is no plugin there.

Try downloading this file, and copy it to the Mach3\plugins folder, and restart Mach3.

https://www.buildyourcnc.com/Documents/RnRMotion.dll

So i downloaded that .dll file
put it in mach3 plugin folder.
and clicked on that plugin control,
and got option to select RnRMotionControllrECO-V2.0
and bang,
the stepper is working great.
thanks guys,
with these forums and the internet, this world would be a dark place for most of us.
thank you again.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 10:59:48 PM »
once i download the .dll file and put it in plugin folder on mach3,
i got this option.
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 11:05:08 PM »
Now the USB Controller is working just great.

thanks guys
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 01:59:26 AM »
Actually, there is no plugin there.

Try downloading this file, and copy it to the Mach3\plugins folder, and restart Mach3.

https://www.buildyourcnc.com/Documents/RnRMotion.dll

Ger21,

Hoping you can extend some more help.
it there a link to a video or something somewhere, which shows how to set up Mach3 when using a USB Controller on Win7.
all videos that i find only talk of Parallel Port system, and give all the pin numbers for Ports and Pins set up,
but somehow cannot find a video for USB Controller Ports and Pins setup, and Motor Outputs. Infant even the Port Setup and Axis Selection is different for USB Controller. I am just doing  a hit and try and going crazy.
Or is there someone in this forum who has put up screen shots for this.
i just don't seem to find it anywhere.
Thanks.

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 03:04:01 AM »
Hi,
you have bought a USB connected external motion controller of dubious origin with no manufacturer support.
The issues you are having are not Mach3 issues and unless you are fortunate enough to find someone on the forum who
has extensive experience with that particular board then you will get exactly what you paid for.....not much.

Should you consider replacing what you have or want another unit then carefully consider products by Warp9 Tech Design, CNCDrive
and PoKeys. All three enjoy industry leading reputation for support.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 07:15:16 AM »
Hi,
you have bought a USB connected external motion controller of dubious origin with no manufacturer support.
The issues you are having are not Mach3 issues and unless you are fortunate enough to find someone on the forum who
has extensive experience with that particular board then you will get exactly what you paid for.....not much.

Should you consider replacing what you have or want another unit then carefully consider products by Warp9 Tech Design, CNCDrive
and PoKeys. All three enjoy industry leading reputation for support.

Craig

I agree, Unfortunately i did not realise i was ordering from a place with no support.
Thanks.
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 07:16:34 AM »
Here's a manual:

https://www.buildyourcnc.com/Documents/USB%20Motion%20Card%20STB4100%20Manual.pdf

Ger21,

Many thanks again,
you have been of great help.
Now finally things are beginning to work.

Regards.
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 09:25:15 AM »
Hi ger21

I got the whole router working with the USB Controller, all seemed well. I did motor tuning, and also got the steps per unit done, and it would form a circle perfectly. Homing was also working perfect.
However, did have to tune motors agains and again, and also change Micro Step values in the Motor Driver, which are not set to 8 for X and Y axis, which i guess means 1/8 steps.
Now suddenly one issue has started, regarding Homing.

Earlier when i would Reference all, in Program Run panel, each axis one by one would go to the Home sw, tough it, then move a bit away very slowly, then move slowly towards it again, touch it, and then finally move off and the lYellow Home Sw activated light would go off in the Diagnostic panel, and Auto Zero would also activate.

Now for some reason, the Y axis started to behave odd once it reached the Home sw, Now when it touched the home sw, it moves away a fee bit, stops, and again moves away a bit more, and stops, and the home sw is still active, so everything stops. It is supposed to move sufficiently away till the home sw moves to a position and Yellow light goes off. As a result , not other axis can home.

I then tried in the Diagnostics panel, to Ref Y, and exactly the same thing is happening, Same if i click on Ref X. The system when Homing does not move sufficiently away from the Homing sw. So now i have to click on Reset, and uses arrow keys to move X and Y aways from the Home sw.

Has the program got corrupted, and i need to uninstall and install again, or have i busted the USB board for some reason.

I have attached an image of the Motor Home/soft limits. And also attaching the Motor Inputs and Input Signal images, just in case something is wrong there.
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 09:53:57 AM »
I am hoping the small video i have taken can be attached,
to show how the axis moves to home position, then it moves back in two small parts, and stops, but does not move sufficiently away for the Yellow lights to go off.
having problem uploading the video, so have posted the link below.

https://youtu.be/Qq_i0VjRTS4