Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:17:21 AM

Author Topic: digital input for plasma  (Read 2084 times)

digital input for plasma
« on: August 10, 2018, 06:32:55 AM »
I have your hilcon controller with plasma and THC option  its works well.    my question the digital in put I use for initial height sense  works fine also. 
What I discovered  is during a cut if the digital input goes active.  the process will stop.   what that means to me I can use the round torch mount.  that doubles as a IHS  and anti-collision.  on 1 wire
But I found nothing in the manual on this     my question is this known that is works this way

Re: digital input for plasma
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 12:56:52 PM »
The digitize input should only be triggered during the initial probing process which turns the torch on and pierces the material at ignition height.  When digitize is detected during a cut, the controller will detect the signal and stop motion. We have not tested the THC feature with the specific hardware configuration you currently have installed. It may take some extra scripting in Mach4 to get that to work.
Re: digital input for plasma
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 06:22:24 PM »
I have been using it  it works just fine  it starts a cut digitize siginal goes active thc starts cuts fine  ..  torch hits a flip up piece of metal activates the digitize siginal and all stops 
i discovered this buy accident.  then tested it found it to work fine    this allows the use of the round torch mount with the springs  so it does collision and digitize with the same wire
no need for a mag mount on my torch  im going to test it more and replace my mag mount  add a proxy sensor to the digitize input