Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:10:41 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 problems  (Read 4141 times)

Re: Mach3 problems
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 06:50:07 PM »
Thanks. I guess I purchased the software too late. I only got a short time with it before I was kicked to the curb. Now I have a licensed piece of worthless software. I didn't realize the software wasn't backed up anymore. My bad. Thanks again for your replies.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »
Hi Chelsey,
its not all doom and gloom.....Mach3 still works as well as it always did PROVIDED you keep it away from a PC which
gets Microsoft updates.

As you know Microsoft does not support XP anymore and consequently there are no updates for it....and for Mach users that is a good thing.
You can of course use Windows 7 but Microsoft do update that. You'll have to keep the PC off the internet or otherwise disable Windows updates.

The Windows 7 updates which are causing you grief affect the parallel port driver only. If you use an external motion controller like a SmoothStepper
then your installation would run fine. I understand that you don't want to spend any money but maybe its just too damn bad. I for a long time
persevered with the parallel port before I bought a SmoothStepper. I am delighted with it...it has bought so many advantages that I didn't realize
I was missing. A SmoothStepper is about $190US, if you are an Aussie then there a guy in Melbourne selling them, and how much is that relative to the
total cost of your CNC installation?. I've spent about $10,000 making my mill, $190US to get it to go right.....no brainer for me!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 09:02:59 AM »
Thanks for your insight. I now have a better understanding of whats going on. Sorry if I seemed rude, it was not my intention.
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2018, 09:35:18 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Is here anyone who can help me in the Mach3 settings please?

I have a Novosun USB 4 Axis controller+ Tb6600 4A 40V Stepper Drivers and Nema23 stepper motors.

Basically it is a MiniMill Machine.

Please help me, how I need configure the Mach3, because the machine doesn't work well.

Thanks for all.

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2018, 03:20:54 PM »
Hi,
you'll have to get the pin assignments for your controller from the manufacturer.
The manufacturer is Chinese and sometimes they are exceptionally bad at providing manuals or support for their boards.
You'll just have to keep hammering at them until they do so. Those Novosun boards are common enough I think you'll find some info
on them.

Failing that buy a US or European made controller, they work as expected and advertised and the companies support their products.

Craig
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 08:12:01 AM »
Hi,
not sure about your development PC but the machine PC sounds like a recent Window 7 update
has caused a fault. There have been a lot of posts about it over the last couple of months.
I think there is a patched version of .062 which solves it. The machine PC should be kept off the internet
so it cant update, the last three monthly updates have caused Mach to reboot as you describe.

Craig
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 08:14:30 AM »
I don't know if this is linked but I have the latest version of Windows 7 which I have just installed on an old PC I have because I'm new to Mach3 and want to connect it to a chinese USB CNC router. I have a 32bit PC with Windows 7 ultimate and after downloading and trying to open Mach3 I get an error message 'Unable to open ProbeDiag.dat Error =5' then 'Access to LastErrors.text denied'. On End Session prompt there is 'Error found Art Code 20070911 Attempt recovery' message. Consequently I am unable to open the software. Any advice please as to what is wrong?
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 11:23:49 AM »
Hi,
the Windows 7 update that was causing grief for Mach3 users occurred for those users with a parallel port. Whenever Mach attempted to
engage the parallel port driver the PC would re-boot.

Your description of the fault is different. I would in the first instance delete the motion control plugin from Machs Plugins folder
and cause Mach to try to engage the parallel port driver instead. Even if the parallel port is not there......it will tell you if the fault is related
to the plugin.

Craig