Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:32:13 PM

Author Topic: Touch adjustment problem auto tool zero  (Read 4175 times)

Touch adjustment problem auto tool zero
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:59:49 AM »
Good evening, I wanted to automatically adjust the z-axis with a plate that I read that served to have more precision when working, then I got one.
I made the connection as it comes in the manual for a controller board, This board is called RNR Universal USB Card Motion Control Mach3 Special Ed. V2.0. Which I show in an attachment in figure 1.

The connection is shown in figure 2, which comes as an attachment.

Then I did the configuration in Ports and Pins as it comes in the manual in figure 3

Then enter in Auto Tool Zero this code that also came in the manual:

PlateOffset = 10
Zup = 25
MaxZPlus = 250
Sleep 100
CurrentFeed = GetOemDro(818)
Code "F300"
ZNew = GetDro(2) - MaxZPlus
Code "G31Z" &ZNew
While IsMoving()
Wend
ZNew = GetVar(2002)
Code "G0 Z" &ZNew + 3
While IsMoving()
Wend
Code "F50"
ZNew = GetDro(2) - 6
Code "G31Z" &ZNew
While IsMoving()
Wend
If PlateOffset <> 0 Then
Call SetDro (2,PlateOffset)
Code "G4 P0.25"
ZNew = PlateOffset + Zup
Code "G0 Z" &ZNew
While IsMoving
Wend
Code "(Z axis is now zero !)"
End If
Code "F" &CurrentFeed
Sleep 100

But nothing happens, when I enter this code in the VBScript the tool goes down and when touching the plate does not stop if it keeps going down, the Mach3 does not detect the board to automatically adjust the tool of a Dremmel 3000.

But the power source that I am using if it shows a difference when the tool touches the automatic adjustment plate and when it does not touch it.

When there is no contact between the tool and the plate, the power source dials 0 Ampere, when there is contact between the tool and the plate, the power source dials 0.01 Ampere as shown in figure 4.

I would be very grateful if someone has an idea of why this happens, because it is because the power source detects something and in Mach3 it does not detect anything. I have even seen in some videos already when they place the plate to calibrate the Z axis and configure the ports and pins in the diagnostics screen the Digitize box is lit.

Re: Touch adjustment problem auto tool zero
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 01:12:01 AM »
Hi,
when the probe touches and the current flows the phototransistor will conduct, going low.

You need to set your Probe input to Active Low.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 02:03:00 AM »
Hello joeaverage, I have it established in Active Low in the configuration of ports and pins and nothing happened.

I also clicked on Active Low to see if it worked but nothing happened either.

Of the two forms at the moment that the tool touches the plate of the probe the Z axis continues lowering. I can not know what is the reason why this happens.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 03:10:21 AM »
Hi,
does the Digitize LED light up on the Machine Diagnostic Tab when the probe strikes? Your description sounds like
Mach is not seeing the probe event.

Craig

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »
The simple answer is that most chinese boards do not handle probing properly.

You may have better luck with a different version of Mach3. What version are you using?
Also, check with the manufacturer for an updated plugin.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 01:11:29 PM »
Hi Ger21 I think the controller board is Russian, the version I'm using is R3.043.062 and I'm using it with USB port Windows 10 64 Bits with a patch I found in a forum.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 04:39:34 PM »
I think that if it should be the controller board, I have researched on this board and I have not seen a video where they place a probe for an auto tool zero, the controller board is Russian.

Where if I have seen that it works what I am trying to do is with the 5 axis control board like the one I put in the link. Have you used that controller board?

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-596231603-tarjeta-controlador-brackout-mach3-emc2etc-db25-5-ejes-_JM
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 09:09:08 PM »
Hi,
that looks like a parallel port breakout board, the USB cable is just for a power supply from
the PC.

Do you have a parallel port driver installed on your PC? What does the DriverTest.exe tell you?,
a screen shot of it is preferred, an 'excellent' report is not enough.

Craig
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 10:36:46 PM »
Hi Joeaverage for the controller board that I am using RNR RNR Universal USB Card Motion Control Mach3 Special Ed. V2.0. I'm not using even a driver just copy an RnRMotion.dll file

And the other 5-axis controller board read that installing a driver and connecting a parallel port adapter cable to usb works fine, I'll get the cable to be able to do that test
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 12:08:38 AM »
Hi,
so whats the deal with the last link you posted? Is that the board you are using or not?

Its an entirely different beast to the pic that you first posted.
That is a USB EXTERNAL MOTION CONTROLLER for which you need to use the manufacturers plugin.
The second link is a PARALLEL PORT BREAKOUT BOARD for which you use Machs parallel port driver
on a 32Bit Windows 7  or earlier PC.

You cant mix the two. If your original board doesn't accept a probe you may be required to use the
parallel port although most would consider it a backward step.

Craig