Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:09:43 PM

Author Topic: Run in parallel 2 Gcode files  (Read 1812 times)

Run in parallel 2 Gcode files
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:41:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n64VCID_tCI

hi ,attach is the new machine i now order from china
its nesting cnc that have also pre labeling station
the machine is standard cnc with 4 axis
and the labeling station is  2 axiss
the labeling station run while the main cnc run also ,but the labeling is not interpolation  ,its only G0 movment
i plan to use pokey hardware
is there any way i can mange it by mach 4?
Re: Run in parallel 2 Gcode files
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 03:48:53 AM »
Hi,
interesting looking machine.

I don't think that Mach4 can run two Gcode files simultaneously and I am fairly certain it can only run one motion controller at a time.

One possibility I could forsee would require two separate Mach4 machines, each on its own PC with its own motion controller, and having
synchronizing signals pass back and forth between them.

Clearly the way Mach is written it is meant to run multiple instances, in which case you could have one PC run two machines. You would have
to ask NFS about that, while it looks as if multiple instances are the intention it may not yet be a reality.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 07:56:58 PM »
It looks like two machines to me.  Two G code interpreters that are linked together with inputs/outputs.  Two PCs with Mach each would be required.  Or wait for our muilt-path version of Mach which can run as many as 6 paths (interpreters).  And possibly one Mach machine and a PLC may be able to do the labeling? 

Steve
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 09:42:46 PM »
No question, that is two machines and need to run independently. Second machine signals when it needs a board. First machine replies when the board has been delivered. Since cutting is likely to always take longer than labeling, throughput is set by second machine.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 12:13:14 AM »
thanks for the advise
its can be 2 pc i think no nproblem
but for user its no need see the label interface
and the labeling mach shuld be activate from the main mach
the cycle shuld be:
we run nc fle in the main
in that file there will be pointer for the path for the labeling folder(inside there the gcode and the images folder to print)
how can mange that connection ,to run mach from external app without use mach interface? and get only alarm mesege and flag when finish the job?
thanks in advance
yaakov

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 01:04:55 AM »
The connections will be made electrically.  An output on the label machine goes high when it loads the cutting machine.  The cutting machine is looking at an input that is tied to the label machine's output, etc...

The Mach instance on the label machine doens't have to be seen.  Just stuff it in a cabinet.  Turn it on first and then turn on the cutting machine's Mach. 

Steve