Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:07:26 AM

Author Topic: HotKeys....  (Read 3583 times)

Offline GPDC

•  43 43
    • View Profile
HotKeys....
« on: July 24, 2007, 06:42:53 PM »
      I'm trying,(most of today) but I'm getting nowhere fast it seems...information overload I guess....I need to assign a HotKey (the character H, would be my # choice) to the Ref All Home command...can anybody please give me a detailed account of how to go about this?....ultimately, I'll map that character to my IPAC inputs & momentarily close the switch, so to speak, with a relay output from the PLC.....I'd really appreciate any info & thnks much in advance...George P.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: HotKeys....
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:57:39 PM »
Hey George,
    You need to open the screen set you are using and modify the button in Screen 4. Screen 4 is a program to modify, build screens with. It can be downloaded at...
http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/artsoft/downloads/downloads.htm                       screen designer, screen 4. It might be a good idea to open your default screen and save as something else and modify the one you save so you will always have the default as a refrence. I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 07:17:49 PM »
There may be better ways to do it but this is what I would do.  (as I don't know better :))

Open your screenset in Screen4.  Select the "Ref All" button.  Uncheck  "Use Hot Key" Then recheck it.

When you do that it will ask you to "Type Any Hot Key Now"  Then press your "H" key.  Which incidentally is "72" 

Save and close.  That should do the trick.  :)

Just be aware that Screen4 is a little unstable and will crash for me sometimes when doing this.  Just try again. ;)

Greg

EDIT:  Brett beat me to it. I'm a two finger typist.  :D

Offline GPDC

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:34:21 PM »
Guys....Thanks, Thanks & more Thanks
   This is unbeliveable....its after 10 @ niite, I'm beat, tired & ready for the sack & I give this day long problem one last shot before I call it a night by logging on & find your responses, which have given me the means to the end I need.....everything I needed, I just did in this laptop @ home.... (Greg...can you get this thank you to Brett...I dunno how to send this to multiple emails)....bottom line is I'm all set for attack mode tomarrow & can't wait to get to work to set this all up....I'll give you a detailed report asap.....MANY,MANY THANKS!!
                                                    George P.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:49:41 PM »
LOL, Your welcome George,
    Let us know how you get along with it.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 11:28:07 PM »

Good onya George. ;)