Hello Guest it is June 18, 2019, 11:34:34 AM

Author Topic: Mach and dual screen usage  (Read 2165 times)

Mach and dual screen usage
« on: March 27, 2006, 05:06:25 AM »
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker of the forum and a big fan.

After reading a post over at the Zone regarding Dual screen usage I thought I'd give it a go. Not a lot else to do over here with this awful weather we are having.....

So here are the results. I suspect they will leave Benny in a state of turmoil as he plans his next screenset !

On a serious note I'm purely an amateur who purchased Mach 2 after building a home cnc and got hooked. The things I cut are basic but I would think that for the pro's out there a multiple monitor setup would be useful. It's quite cheap to do now.

Imagine having various toolpath views etc.... Ok I'm getting carried away....

I tried the new screen 4 designer and selected a new custom screen of some hideous dimension, basicaly 2560*1024 (i.e a 1280*1024 screen doubled)

Screen4 allowed me to design a screen that would cover both windows.

Finally a test to see if Mach 3 would run dragged over a split monitor and it works fine.

Maybe I just have too much time on my hands :)

Cheers

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 07:04:51 AM by ynneb »

ynneb

Re: Mach and dual screen usage
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 07:01:02 AM »
No you dont have too much time on your hands at all. This was a very worthwhile experiment. I am sure many Mach users will see this and eventually use this idea. With the huge amount of options mach has, and the limited amount of screen real estate, a dual monitor setup may just be what some of us need. Now we know it can be done, I recon it might be a popular addition to the Mach setup.