Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:15:38 AM

Author Topic: ESS Inputs and Outputs not doing anything  (Read 10591 times)

Re: ESS Inputs and Outputs not doing anything
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2018, 12:14:03 PM »
Hi,
give me some details. You have assigned one pin per servo or one pin for all the servos?

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2018, 12:16:53 PM »
Hi,
give me some details. You have assigned one pin per servo or one pin for all the servos?

Craig

One pin per servo.  Set to Input #2 - Input #6.  Only doing 5 of the axis since the last is actually steppers off a stepper driver. 
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »
Hi,
so when Mach is not enabled you can cause the LEDs on the Machine Diagnostics tab to come on by flicking the input
pin with a piece of wire? With Mach disabled it wont, is that correct?

Craig

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2018, 12:33:49 PM »
Hi,
not quite sure why that should be. Please go to edit screen mode and bring up the properties of LEDinput2 and check Enable with Machine
per the attached pic.

Try again.

Craig
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2018, 01:01:45 PM »
Hi,
spotted a typo....I don't need the LEDLabel enabled with the machine, rather the LED itself.

Craig
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2018, 04:57:07 PM »
Hi,
so when Mach is not enabled you can cause the LEDs on the Machine Diagnostics tab to come on by flicking the input
pin with a piece of wire? With Mach disabled it wont, is that correct?

Craig

Correct.  When not enabled the machine diagnostic LEDs will go on and off.  After enable they freeze in whatever state they were in before enable.

Hi,
spotted a typo....I don't need the LEDLabel enabled with the machine, rather the LED itself.

Craig

Done, and now they won't turn on at all, with or without the machine enabled.
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2018, 05:00:26 PM »
Hang on ... they will turn on, but only if the input is toggled after it is enabled.  So all the ones which turned on right when the machine was enabled, from the error feed back coming on, are still off.  But if I manually disconnect and reconnect them they will now come on while enabled.
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2018, 05:06:36 PM »
Also just tried switching to active low in the ESS plugin.  That got the light to turn on when the machine is enabled but it wont always turn off then the error signal goes low.  Meaning if I disconnect the wire. sometimes the LED will go out, other times it won't. 
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2018, 06:04:16 PM »
Hi,
what pin on the BoB are you using?. Remember these are pulled low and need to be supplied current
to make them go high. Remember also that some pins had one inverter whereas other pins had two.

The setting active high-active low in the ESS plugin doesn't change the pin or signal, just reverses the logic
that Mach applies to the signal.

Craig
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2018, 06:37:17 PM »
Hi,
what pin on the BoB are you using?. Remember these are pulled low and need to be supplied current
to make them go high. Remember also that some pins had one inverter whereas other pins had two.

The setting active high-active low in the ESS plugin doesn't change the pin or signal, just reverses the logic
that Mach applies to the signal.

Craig

They are wired to port 1 pins 10, 11, 12, 13 and port 2 pin 2.  They are all being supplied 5v from the board to make them go high and all the corresponding input LEDs on the board are lit when enabled.  The servos close the circuit when working properly which is why I tried having it active low so the LED in Mach4 should turn off when the ESS no longer sees the 5v.