Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:10:19 PM

Author Topic: I need help setting up my mach4  (Read 1711 times)

I need help setting up my mach4
« on: June 23, 2018, 03:42:23 PM »
I need help setting up my mach4

I have a pokey 57cnc controller card for my machine and works 3 axes and goes to set point and a limit switches using the pokey configuration software.
I have downloaded mach4 hobby demo I'm having trouble setting the configuration for the software up I have used the wizard with no joy would anybody have any screenshots.

My machine is set up for 3 axes with one limit and sharing the home switch per axis.

A configuration file for the Pokeys plugin I have disabled the limit switches but still throws up limit switches have been triggered.
  (Just as I press the enable button so I can at least try and jog the axis.)

Question: Do you have to configure both the pokeys plug-in and Mach4  ??

I have also downloaded aka a beginner's guide of Pokeys

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: I need help setting up my mach4
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 01:16:06 AM »
With the pokeys you don't realy do a lot if it is working as intended in pokeys config what is not to be relied on it is just a guide.

When you first boot up Mach4 just go through the steps it say to do in the config then ounces that is done reboot mach 4 and the pokeys board. then when you start mach 4 again confirm the pokeys board then just look at the settings to make sure they are correct if not go into the pokeys config to change it there, and restart mach 4 and the pokeys between big setting changes. you have to be careful when setting up any of the pokeys boards that you do not change anything for a start in mach 4 the pokeys does most of it for you.   
The first time I set up a 57cnc it took a week of doing the wrong thing then an hour reinstalling mach 4 then letting pokeys set mach 4 up, it is the same with mach3.

You may need to start again.