Hello Guest it is July 11, 2020, 05:50:50 PM

Author Topic: What have I done!  (Read 917 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What have I done!
« on: June 17, 2018, 01:21:37 AM »
Aloha,

 I am switching from Linuxcnc to Mach3 and have done something stupid. Loaded Mach3 on a fresh non-updated windows 7 32 bit. Got everything (X, Y+B,  Z, A, stops and Probe.) working pretty good. While referencing all, the y+b was moving in the wrong direction. I went into the homing settings and checked the reversed and not the negative direction. Then I tried to ref all again. Now all my motors just chatter and move at about the slowest speed possible. They seem to be moving back and forth more than in a direction. But the are going in the right direction.
I deleted Mach3 and all the related folders and files from my pc and rebooted and reloaded Mach3. I set up a new mill profile but it is still doing the same thing. The Nema 23's  wont even move at all in the motor tuning screen but they do chatter and step in the right directions (ever so slowly) with Gcode or keyboard and tab control flyout. The DRO's operate at the correct speed.
What have I done? :-\
Thanks for any help you might give

Lee
Mach3, DB25,DQ542MA, 4 Nema23's on 3 axis plus rotary axis. Gets the job done ( most of the time).

Offline Davek0974

*
  •  2,597 2,597
    • View Profile
    • DD Metal Products Ltd
Re: What have I done!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 02:42:26 AM »
Sounds like the outputs for step and direction have been swapped.

It is reversing on each step and only moving when told to change direction, one step.
Bridgeport Mill, Mach3 V062, CSMIO-IP/A controller, AC Servo Drives.
Plasma table, Mach3 V062, Step motors, C&CNC THC.
Re: What have I done!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 03:03:07 AM »
Thanks for the input.
I reversed step and dir motor outputs on the x axis ( 2 and 3) but nothing happened. When I switched them back to the logical order as they are wired the motor worked again. I noticed that the software changed the step to low active whereas it was working high active before. I assume a 5v power failure at the bob.
Thanks again for helping me out of (FREAK OUT mode) and getting my mind set in the right direction.
Note to self: slow the heck down and read all the tabs. lol

Lee
Mach3, DB25,DQ542MA, 4 Nema23's on 3 axis plus rotary axis. Gets the job done ( most of the time).
Re: What have I done!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 04:04:07 AM »
Odd thing, the bob seems to be making power. DC input is 5.36 vdc. I read 8 plus vdc at my limit switch loop. However, the limit switch chain will no longer work in active high. Seems strange to me. I will change the bob in the morning and hope all is right as rain.

Lee
Mach3, DB25,DQ542MA, 4 Nema23's on 3 axis plus rotary axis. Gets the job done ( most of the time).
Re: What have I done!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
Just a switch wire issue. Every thing is working now but the motors still have to run in active low step now. I guess the drivers got spooked (if that,s even possible). Still need to find out why the negative direction homing is not backing off the switches. I am sure there is a post here somewhere for that issue.

Thanks again
Mach3, DB25,DQ542MA, 4 Nema23's on 3 axis plus rotary axis. Gets the job done ( most of the time).