Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:40:32 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 looks weird and torch won't fire  (Read 4036 times)

Offline ivanR

•  15 15
    • View Profile
Mach3 looks weird and torch won't fire
« on: June 14, 2018, 03:33:19 PM »
Hello there, its been a while since I posted on here I just need a bit of help,We have a plasma table that we run with mach3 / ipermax65 on windows 7, for the last couple of weeks I've had some issues with mach3 every time I tried to open the program my PC would crash, but every other programs would work just fine, after several attempts to make it work, I decided to back up all my programs/files in order to do a clean installation of windows 7 given the fact that the one we had been using wasn't a genuine copy I assumed that would be part of the issue. Long story short, I did manage to get a genuine windows 7 pck ,  32 bit installed on my PC and I was able to successfully transfer all my files and programs back to my PC  but when I  open mach3 the first thing that I noticed was that the screens were not displaying properly  :o  regardless of that all my settings remained working as before, motors were running and commands were responding since everything seemed to be working just fine  I went ahead loaded an old  g-code that I had to  mach 3,  which to my surprised loaded just fine but  when I tried to run the job I noticed the torch wouldn't  start automatically,  the torch ELD  light on the screen flashes when I open the g-code but when y start the job it turns off, it does work when I manually turn it on but as soon as it finishes the part it will not turn on for the next: I also noticed there was a message saying that " z safe was turned off, z safe move was being ignored" but I don't know if I need to turn it on for a plasma table.
I couldn't really find anything that would help me resolve the torch issue though so resorted to ask on here.

attached is a picture of what my mach 3 screen looks like  ???

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline ivanR

•  15 15
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 looks weird and torch won't fire
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 03:40:14 PM »
picture
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:32:52 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 05:07:33 PM »
What's weird about it? Hard to tell since the picture is so big.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 02:19:08 AM »
@IvanR - I have sent you a PM.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 02:01:04 AM »
Perhaps some of those who use plasma systems may be able to help.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 07:11:38 AM »
you can try to test the Torch On by entering a M3 command to the MDI line.
if it does not fire check your M3 macro in c:\Mach\macros\ your Profile Name.
it should have a DoSpinCW() command inside.
also check the M5 macro for containing a DoSpinStop()
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 08:24:47 AM »
Ivan,

What version of Mach3 are you using? I noticed you were originally using a license that is not supported. Often, those come with cracked versions of our software that just don't function properly. Even if you bought a valid license (which I hope you did), it will not make a cracked version of the software run any better.

-Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial

Offline ivanR

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 02:46:41 PM »
Hello Bryanna, yes I did get the new license and I everything looks the same, the version of mach3 I am running is 3.043.066.  was also advised to  save all my settings erase mach3 and then copying my old settings the new download, so I will go ahead and give that a try.
we'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 06:06:34 AM »
Hi IvanR,

It would be best for you to use Mach3 version R3.043.062 which can be downloaded from here;   http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/

Tweakie
PEACE

Offline ivanR

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »
Hello everyone. so I'm back to square one, I downloaded the ,062 version after erasing mach3 (saved all my setting of course) but now my pc started crashing again it will not load mach3 I already made sure it is compatible with windows 7 running it as administrator. did not work, I went ahead and tried to run the test drive after installing the "special drive file" because before doing so the test drive wouldn't do anything, long story short the test drive starts up and the first part of it goes well but as soon as the second take over takes place my pc crashes.
just a bit of back story I've been running windows 7 since the beginning 32 bit  4GB memory, but out of the blue last moth it started crashing every time I tried to open mach3, so I did a brand new installation of windows 7 and at first it was loading fine but the screens were not showing properly and the torch wouldn't start automatically but it would manually.
so I did a new installation of mach3  version .062,   now the computer crashes again it wont even complete the drive test. ???
are there additional files that I need to download in order to get it running again
Any additional help will be appreciated. 8)